Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Chris Ash: Year-end review

0 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture
January 9, 2015 at 3:02pm
22 Comments

Regardless of who is the defensive puppet master, I think we can all agree that our pass D has significantly improved. Ash is a big big part of that. Apple is budding star and Grant continued to be a good corner who probably doesnt get the media love he deserves. Vonn Bell improved and was often our best defensive player outside of Bosa and Lee.

All this being said, making it to the NCG is a true test to how far we have come in pass D and the NCG game itself will provide another test, our largest test to date.

To the game - Oregon's WR screen game scares me the most. Sure Apple, Bell and Lee have all made big plays for us this season containing WR screens. On the flip, we have seen both Grants bite and screens turn into 40 yard plays. They use this play, probably more than most, to dictate pace and get chunk yards on 1st down. Containing this play will go a long way to deciding if our pass D is up to the test.

I think our D will look great at times, and look like the D of 2013 at times. Hopefully not Sammy Watkins D bad. Carrington is a great athlete, but not at Watkins level. To me, the key is more up to our own Offense clicking and establishing their own pace. This is going to be a high scoring game, a fun game, and a game where both teams will leave the other team's defense soul searching.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments