Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Joy of Hurricane Misery

0 HS
Barnsey69's picture
December 16, 2014 at 9:29am
44 Comments

So, as I am enjoying a few (too many) cold ones at Flannery's in Cleveland on Battle of Ohio Eve this past Saturday, I notice the 30/30 on TV is addressing the up-standing institution know as The U. Apparently the first 30/30 did not provide enough time to cover all of the finer points associated with the program during the late-90's to present, so they filmed another. This one of course included the 2002 Championship Game versus The Ohio State University, which included one of, if not the most controversial penalties of all-time. However, I do not want to beat that dead-horse, what's done is done, and we have a trophy in the WHAC to prove it. What I do want to mention is how awesome it was to hear all of those heartbroken little Canes, like Jonathan Vilma and Antrel Rolle, whining endlessly about how they were robbed. It's about 10 minutes of pure money that I highly recommend. 

I used to get pretty worked up over people, primarily Canes fans, who always point to that play and how their championship was stolen. This little gem, embedded in the 30/30, just warms the insides as the Canes players & coaches lament what was lost, and the injustices therein. It made me realize that if the game had not included that controversy, Canes Nation might not be this miserable...which is almost as heart-warming as another title.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments