Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The most crucial offseason

0 HS
Jbucks's picture
December 3, 2014 at 1:56pm
8 Comments

For rebuilding the B1G? Is this the last shot for the B1G to fix itself? We have always said the best way to fix our conference was through Coaching. We do have a few good coaches as we sit right now, Of course UFM, Dino, Andersen at Wisky seems to be a good coach, Kill has turned a horrid Minny team into 2 straight 8 win seasons, James Franklin at PSU, and he can turn it around still, and a heck of a recruiter it seems. but were still missing on 2 of the Big Schools in Nebraska and scUM.
Which Nebraska needing a coach both shocked me and didnt suprise me, because while Pelini was a winner he didnt win the big games and thats what this.conference needs, our big teams winning big games. Scott Frost is an unproven HC but he is an Offensive giy, if he gets in at NEB we will just have to wait and see.
Now the main reason for this post the scUM HC search, theyve swung and missed 2 straight times with their last 2 hires, and as much as I/we would love to say it isnt true the B1G hinges mostly on Michigan, you csn litterally make the Case that as long as UM has been on their downward spiral so has the B1G preception, mostly because they were a national powerhouse, and as went their losing, the wins over them didnt mean as much. So does the B1G hinge on them finally getting it right? is this their last shot at being relevant this Century? As much as i dislike them, you gotta respect them, Ohio State and the rest of the B1G need a scUMmy Powerhouse again, its the only way up from here.
also this is what i think is the best scenerios as far as hires go for Neb. and scUm

Nebraska hires Oregons OC Scott Frost as HC and allow him to hire his own staff with ppl who know how to work his system. Id say Muschamp as DC but i dont see that happinin at all.
ScUM hire Mississippi St. HC Dan Mullen and now Former Neb. HC Bo Pelini as DC.
I know Dan Mullen is a shot in the dark but he is a Urban Meyer Protog`e, he built up a bad team at a small school in The SEC, could he want to go to a bigger school for more money? could happen.
anyways what yall think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments