Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

'15 football recruiting - number of scholarships

0 HS
analyticalguy's picture
November 24, 2014 at 7:04pm
27 Comments

Where is Meyer coming up with all these scholarships to offer in '15? He already has 22 commitments, and have read that he's actively seekign an elite running back, and a tigth end, and is open to other elite players.   I was pretty sure Buckeyes started fall camp with the permitted number of 82, and then had Epitropolous and Lindsey leave, and Spence and Smith get dismissed.  I count 11 Seniors (excluding Braaxton) who will graduate, leaving 67.   That will give 18 available slots (only 17 if Spencer gets reinstated).  Meyer could conceivably gain a few by not extending redshirt senior seasons to players he doesn't need - the only real possibilities are Carter, Underwood and Tanner (all of whom appear DO on the latest depth chart).  No Spence, no Braxton, and 3 rs Srs gone gives exactly the 22 commitments already in place, with Meyer still looking for a RB at least. Keep some of those players on the roster, and the Buckeyes are well short of schollies.  I don't know of any career-threatening injuries.  Sure there are likely to be a couple transfers, but enough to have this many commitmetns and offers out there?  What's going on here?  I hope OSU isn't pulling an SEC.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments