Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Doran Grant (Again)

0 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture
November 20, 2014 at 3:34pm
17 Comments

The day after the MSU game, KD_Bucks11 started a nice thread congratulating Doran Grant for shutting down Lippett. 

After just reading a recent CD article, though, in which Eli Apple talks about Doran Grant taking him under his wing, I feel that Grant deserves even more love:

He’s also leaning on the tradition at Ohio State of older cornerbacks bringing younger ones along. His mentor is senior Doran Grant, who Meyer said is playing “at (an) all-Big Ten level” this season.

“It’s one of those things where you have to raise your game up a notch every week, because you’ve got somebody like him who just goes so hard and has great preparation,” Apple said. “He’s taught me a lot of things,” such as “every play matters. You can never relax because the play that you do relax is the play the offense is going to attack you on. I’ve learned that (the hard way) a couple of times. 

“He’s helped me with different techniques. He’s always on me to be watching film, getting massages (which are available to the team a couple of times each week) — we’re always together all the time, which is a great thing. It has really helped my development.” 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments