Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

1st and Last Year of CFB Poll!

0 HS
cinserious's picture
November 3, 2014 at 11:31pm
19 Comments

I don't know if its been touched on yet, but only one week after the first CFB Playoff Poll, it seems to me like complete subjective bullshit made up by people who rely on the biased media (Espin), for the majority of their information.  Once I found out the committee supposedly throws previous polls out the window every week and re-ranks from scratch, I was like "bullshit". First off, I don't buy it. Second, even if they really did that, its probably not the right way to go about it. 

Pretend for a minute my name is Prop Joe.

prop joe

I have a proposition for you. 

Suppose after this asinine 2014 CFB Playoff season, we changed it up a bit. Right now some b.s. committee has supreme control over which four teams are worthy of the 'playoff' based on quality wins, non-Q wins, quality losses, non-Q losses, SOS, strength of conference, etc. 

My suggestion is that starting next year, CFB makes its weekly rankings based on a composite of the Coaches Poll, AP Poll, and a human 'Comittee'. 

I don't know if some long term contract was signed under the current configuration like the BCS was, but it seems this system is very flawed already. If you ask me, I'd just go back to the BCS days and make it top-4 instead of top-2.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments