Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Schollies, Discipline, and the Dark places I think about.

0 HS
RK84's picture
October 28, 2014 at 4:48pm
22 Comments

So I have been thinking about this for a little while and wanted to throw it out to the 11W community. I’ve often thought, right or wrong, and mostly unsubstantiated that maybe there is an underlying motive behind some dismissals and career changing thoughts. For clarity, I’m not saying I’m right or wrong, probably wrong, but I do go to that place on occasion.

What I am talking about, is somehow someway, the scholarship numbers always seem to work themselves out. Could this be a little bit of SEC ethics at work with this staff? Are we naive to think backroom deals and ultimatums aren’t worked out? I've seen guys leave the program with injury, legal issues, and differences of opinion. Some of which are mind boggling.  I think of Verlon and what he could have done if he had stayed. I think rumors I hear of Urban wanting to be done with Tress's kids. I think of a lot of things along those lines. Most of the time I know I am flat out wrong.

I do want to say that I am a big supporter of this staff and the decisions they make. This isn’t an attempt to bash the coaches at all; they do what they have to do, to run their program. I thought it might be a good debate, a conspiracy theory, or even mindless rambling on Tuesday afternoon.

So what do you think?

**NOTE: This is not about Rod Smith, but his situation, did make me think of this topic. I understand his schollie will be honored.**

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments