Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is Ohio State's defense underrated?

0 HS
305Buck's picture
October 21, 2014 at 10:10am
38 Comments

Was reading a thread on Bucknuts about this topic and wanted to ask the 11w community. Do you all think our defense is underrated?

Ohio State finished the year #120th in the country in Pass Defense last year. So far this year Ohio State is ranked #6 in passing yards.

So far the defense is ranked #15 in Total Defense in the country.

Ohio State currently has the #1 Pass Defense in the B1G. And is 2nd in the conference with 10 Int’s in 6 games.

This defense has created 14 turnovers in 6 games, and we also have the #1 kickoff coverage unit in the country.

So does anyone believe we are underrated? Me personally I believe that we deserve a lot more respect. Some people say "they haven't played anyone yet," but I've watched our defense in the past couple years make a lot of terrible QBs look like 1st round draft picks. A one-legged Devin Gardner last year looked like Peyton Manning against our defense. In years past, games @Maryland and Vs. Rutgers would have been a lot closer with our defense from the past couple of years, so I believe the defense is underrated a tad bit.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments