Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Best Case Scenario after this weekend

0 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture
October 3, 2014 at 10:11am
14 Comments

I know there is still a ton of football to be played, but with Oregon already going down, and with 6 matchups of Top 25 teams this week, what's everyone's thoughts on the best possible scenario for OSU coming out of the weekend?

-First and foremost, the Buckeyes must be dominant.  MD played WVU tough, who has represented itself well in OOC games against Bama and Oklahoma.

After that, what benefits the Buckeyes more?  Sparty beating Nebraska to setup a possible top 15, maybe top 10 matchup on 11/8 in EL, or Nebraska winning out and entering the B1G Championship undefeated (and assuming OSU beats a 2 loss MSU in EL on 11/8).

What about the SEC games?  Part of me wants all of the higher ranked teams to win, because if they lose, they won't drop that far, and all still have to play each other.  The other part wants the lower ranked teams to win, to knock the higher teams from the unbeaten, but then it legitimizes those teams as high quality teams from the almighty SEC.

Still have Oklahoma against TCU as well.

I was not very optimistic about OSUs playoff chances before last night, but we've all seen stranger things happen to get OSU in the title chase before (2007).

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments