Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What could have been.

0 HS
NYBUCKEYE's picture
September 8, 2014 at 3:25pm
7 Comments

I played football all my life played 4 years in college on the offensive side of the ball under a pretty good offensive coordinator. Herman has to get more creative in his play calling. If your going to challenge an offense with Press man... jailbreak screens bubble screen and go... Slants rub routes and crossing routes will get the ball out of the Qbs hands quick. There are also hot routes off of blitzes. Where you recognize a blitz and replace with your slot receiver or tightends. You don't have to keep your Tightend to block if you replace the blitzer it puts a ton of pressure on the off safety in man to come up and make a tackle if he misses its a huge gainer. Its easy to play couch coach but the coaches have to get this figured out. 

Rant out of the way my question is what other Offensive Coordinators were we in on when Urban took over. Did we miss on some guys that led to Herman I know he wasn't Urbans first choice. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments