Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Zach Smith

0 HS
BUCKS4REAL's picture
September 8, 2014 at 11:13am
27 Comments

With everyone talking about the O line, which is warranted, and Herman( which I believe is warranted), Zach Smith quietly avoids critique. Our wide outs get zero separation, but are supposedly explosively fast. Evan Spencer looks the part, but lacks the stats. Devin Smith gets one big play every now and again because teams forget about him up until that point.

Go watch Dixon play with Dwyer at the Florida state championship on you tube. He has excellent moves off the snap, that are better than almost all of our starters right now! Great first step, crisp routes.

Noah Brown big physical wide out that has the hands. Loyalty to seniors or upper class men should only go so far. Have you ever been around Zach Smith? The guy is a goof ball, in all seriousness. I have watched him at camps and recruiting events and it's like the recruits aren't even interested in what he has to say. He is here because of legacy, period. We haven't had an elite wide out, give us a serious look since he has been here. Jefferson and some of the ones that have been in conversation, put us on their list because of Coach Meyer's reputation in the past, soon his time here will have its own track record. That clock is ticking.

Why no screens? Can the wr's sell it? Idk, just hope to see some improvement and hopefully a different  wr coach. I don't want slammed for this opinion, just give it time and watch. Herman's play calling only exposes this weakness.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments