Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Hokie Homecoming

VTfreefall's picture
September 4, 2014 at 5:32pm
13 Comments

I've enjoyed lurking here in anticipation of this game, figured I'd sign up and say hello!  This one holds special meaning for me because I was born in Columbus (my dad got his PhD @OSU back in the 70s) before my folks moved to VA.  Between that and my mom's family all being from Ohio (and all huge buckeye fans), OSU has been my second favorite team since I was a kid.  Of course all that goes out the window for three hours Saturday night, but win or lose, at least we can all agree that #michigansucks!

I don't have anything to add on the Xs and Os that hasn't already been covered here, just hoping to see a great game in an iconic venue... well that and an upset, of course!  Hope to meet a few of you Saturday and Let's Go Hokies!

clogan1032's picture

Welcome VTFreeFall! Looking forward to a great game that is injury free!!!

+1 HS
VTfreefall's picture

Looking forward to a great game that is injury free!!!

Amen to that.  We got bit hard by the injury bug last year, and I hated it for you when I heard about Miller.  Hope to see him play in Lane Stadium next year!

"Those who jump into the void owe no explanation to those who stand and watch."

AirForceNUT's picture

Welcome VTFreeFall. I hope you cry tears of sadness Saturday night.

+4 HS
BuckeyeSouth's picture

Come to the light, Freefall, come to the light.  Welcome to the site and good luck on Saturday (just not THAT good of luck).

Embrace it.

+2 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Your outer shell might look like a weird turkey, but inside your true loyalties bleed scarlet and gray. Come to the light bro.

+2 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

Maybe another visit to your motherland will bring out your inner Buckeye. Have fun, enjoy the game, I hope your team does well, BUT I hope OUR team wins.

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

+1 HS
The Urban Legend's picture

Welcome to our home. Here have some JUICE. 

The Legend continues

+1 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

Is a Hokie what Brady Hoke eats?

"To The House"

+1 HS
LeftCoastBuck's picture

Freefall...I know a great hypnotist and can have you deprogrammed in no time! Seriously, welcome to the site

"To crush the Wolverines, to see them driven from their stadium, and to hear the lamentation of their fans" Conan the Barbarian (paraphrased) on "what is best in life."

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

My cousin down here in Florida whom I grew up with in Ohio says he's a true-blue Gator fan but I watched the Sugar Bowl with him and he screamed at the Buckeyes on TV more than I did. You can take the Buckeye out of Ohio but you can't take the O-H-I-O out of the Buckeye.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

at least we can all agree that #michigansucks!

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

VTfreefall's picture

Hey folks didn't want to start a new thread so I'll throw out a few thoughts here.  First of all, we had a great time all weekend.  You guys rival Nebraska as far as your treatment of visitors goes; we had nothing but positive interactions with tOSU fans.  All day Saturday people would walk up to us, tell us that they hoped we enjoyed our visit and wish VT good luck in the game.  The fans I sat near in 10B were great as well, and were gracious in defeat.  

Speaking of 10B, those seats suck.  I'm not complaining since I was in the stadium, but really, those seats suck.  If you want some help next time you do renovations, I know some guys from this engineering school in southwest VA that might be willing to consult... ;-)  Seriously, though, it wasn't until the game ended and a bunch of us headed down to the corner of the field where the team came over that I realized what a beautiful facility you've got.  The shoe is amazing, it's just a shame that almost no one who sits in the B deck knows it.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't call out your band... the VT formation and fight song was a total class act.   And for the very first time in my life I saw a halftime show that was just as good as the football game.  They really are the best damned band in the land!

I know the loss is hard to take, trust me we've been there plenty of times over the last 10 years.  All I can say is that I'll be rooting for OSU from here on out and hope to see you give mcchicken the beating they deserve.  

Best of luck the rest of the way and hope to see some of you in Blacksburg next year so that we can return the hospitality, at least up until kickoff! 

"Those who jump into the void owe no explanation to those who stand and watch."

+4 HS
Bucki78's picture

Glad you enjoyed your time in Columbus.  Now make sure them Hokies win the ACC now!!

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer