Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Where to watch game in NYC?

BuckminsterFullback's picture
September 3, 2014 at 10:47pm
6 Comments

I have a friend who will be in New York City Saturday. He's looking for a Buckeye-friendly sports bar; any suggestions?

salberico's picture

Mannies (aka Blondies) is the best option. Especially for a prime time night game against a "marquee" opponent. It will be packed w a very pro buckeye crowd upstairs. I recommend the wings.

GOSU's picture

The alumni association bar is Iron Bar, which is on 45th and 8th near Times Square.  My wife and I went last Saturday and had fun.

http://www.ironbarnyc.com/

Mannies is also a good option, however, being that it's on the east side, it's somewhat less convenient for us.

AllDay028's picture

Manny's is worth the trip IMO. It'll packed on both floors with basically only buckeye fans. I often take the trip from the Tribeca area even though it's inconvenient because the atmosphere is so good.

JTNYC's picture

If you're on the Upper East, go to Bar-Coastal on 78th and 1st Ave.  Big-10/Pac-10 friendly with great wings and lower prices than around Times Square.

JTNYC

Mean Mr Mustard's picture

Manny’s:  This is the best place; however, it is kind of out of the way for someone who does not know the city that well.

Blondies: This place is ok.  It is not that hard to get to but there really aren’t too many other places, in that area, to go after the game.  I like this place for an afternoon game. 

Stout: I went there for the B1G Championship game.  It’s not really much of a Buckeye bar.  It looks like a really cool place other than that.

Bar None: If you are looking for a dive bar in the East Village, this is pretty good.

I may try out the Iron Bar, but I am not too excited about Midtown.

-1 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

Manny's. Best Buckeye bar in Manhattan. Great bartenders, great service and great selection of beer. 

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes