Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Ohio State Hasn't Lost at Home Since

dmurder's picture
September 3, 2014 at 2:07pm
25 Comments

11/19/2011

IH8UOFM's picture

I still think the following week was Braxton's best game ever.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Just remindes me how much Ohio State missed Posey that year.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS

11/19/2011

Shouldn't have lost that game.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Don't be that guy.  That type of comment is the same thing as an announcer harping on a QB's interceptionless passing streak followed by guy promptly throwing one.

+10 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Exactly... 

You just jinxed us. Thanks.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

I've seen 25 games in the Shoe since 2005 and have only experienced 3 losses (PSU, ILL, USC)

So I'm 22-3 at home. I'll be at VT on Saturday. Y'all are welcome!

+7 HS
J.Mo's picture

I dunno what my record is at Ohio State home games. My record for games outside of Ohio State is 8-1 (@TTUN in '07, '09, @MSU in '06, '12, @NW in '08, @PSU in '07, @Purdue in '07, Rose Bowl 2010 were the wins, National Championship for 2007 season is the loss).

My home record... my first game ever was The Game in '00 or Coop's last home game and that was a loss. Been to every OSU-TTUN since then so 6-1 while attending the Game in the 'Shoe or 8-1 attending The Game. I was at all home games in 2004 but only loss I remember that season was to Wisconsin which might have been the only home loss that season. Was at Texas '05. Was at Illinois '07. At '08 Penn State. At '09 USC. '09 USC might be the last loss I attended. 2011 I missed several home games - specifically the MSU and Penn State game but was at the Wisconsin game.

+2 HS

I'm 1-0 in The Shoe and 2-0 in bowl games.  I'll see my 1.000 winning percentage and raise you.

+1 HS
I'm Ron Burgundy's picture

Well, this could probably be its own thread with everyone camparing in-person records, but check out my resume of LOSSES:

'96 The Game, '98 MSU, '05 TEX, '05 @PSU, '06 NCG, '09 USC, '09 @Purdue

So in those 5 seasons alone I just happened to be there for the only losses of the entire season. Then I pretty much stopped going to important games, and anything at Purdue. Hate that place. Y'all are welcome!

Crap, forgot I ignored my rule and went to the B1G championship last year. My bad.

FWIW, I was a good luck charm in 2002, seeing Wash St., Holy Buckeye @ Purdue, The Game, and the NCG all in-person.

+1 HS

Clearly 2002 was an anomaly.  It seems that we should lock you away in a padded room during games.  

bucksk1n's picture

I attended most of those home games but also went up north in 93 and 95 thinking I'd see a victory in the Big House.  I haven't gone back for fear I'd jinxed them the first two times.

OSUBias's picture

Undefeated: '97, 99, 05, 07 games @Minne. 2003 Fiesta Bowl, 2005 Fiesta Bowl. Those are my away games. At the 'shoe '06 PSU, '07 MSU, '09 Iowa, '10 Marshall. 10-0. Traveled to Glendale for the Florida game and couldn't bring myself to buy a $1300 ticket. Because of that, we lost. 100% my fault. 

Shitter's full

IBleedSandG's picture

I've never witnessed a loss while in attendance at the 'Shoe, but my sample size isn't all that large. I think I'm 5 or 6-0. And one of those Ws was the 06 ttun game.

"You pick up the rifle and go as hard as you can possibly go."
-UFM

GVerrilli92's picture

Urban has a better record than you.

I thank him. Lol

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

FROMTHE18's picture
+1 HS
InHartWeTrust's picture

You just f'ing jinxed us, god damnit.

ITWASME's picture

There was a 2011?

+2 HS
rosenbuck's picture

2011? 2011...doesn't ring a bell...

+1 HS

There was only one game in 2011....

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

It's called disturbing the football gods...

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

UrbanCulture's picture

18-1 at the shoe

0-2 away from the shoe. (Both post season)

sorry guys but I'm gonna pull a William Buford v Kentucky and try to shoot myself out of my slump and keep going to post season games 

+3 HS
AirForceNUT's picture

I want to downvote you so badly....

+1 HS
GVerrilli92's picture

I have yet to experience a home loss, think I've seen 8-10 in the Shoe.

Unfortunately, I was at the Debacle in the Desert and last year's Orange Bowl, my only two buckeye games away from the Shoe other than NC State in 04. 

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

BassDropper's picture

2011 doesn't count.

DIRECTIONER

512buckeye's picture

I've never seen a loss in the Shoe. Michigan in 02 was close enough. What a game!

Let's party, Columbus.