Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

PSU writers drinking the Koolaid

Montana silver bullet's picture
August 22, 2014 at 4:17pm
19 Comments

David Jones and Bob Flounders think PSU is in the hunt for the B1G East since XBrax is hurt. Apparently they have forgotten Smooth Jazz playing his sweet music for the last 15+ minutes of the game last year. I guess there's nothing wrong with being optimistic! Why do so many think we're a one trick pony?

Fatpants's picture

They need to go back to starting petitions to get paterno's wins restored and stop being so delusional.

+6 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Dude Cardale Jones was bending  them over and going sack deep on the nittany kitties. Those cult members are as delusional as they come.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+13 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Thats just wrong...but too funny

UFM_Renewal

+3 HS
BAR43's picture

Definitely just laughed out loud at work.... damn it now everyone knows I'm not really working!!

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Harrisburg Patriot-News (or PennLive)...

David Jones has been writing there for some time now, Flounders as well.

Purely page clicks people - David Jones is an Ohio State alum (I guess he found greener pastures in The Commonwealth).

+1 HS
dsbgobux's picture

I live here in the Harrisburg area, and I was amazed to find out that Jones was a grad. He is such a hater that he could have been a PSU grad. I have always wondered what caused that. Mike Hostettler is a sports anchor on the local NBC station and he lets his buckeye pride show. The Bucks do get a good amount of coverage here. 

Buckeye in PA purgatory

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Writing what people want to read. And what people like us will click just to see how wrong we think they are. 

+2 HS

I forgot about Cardale running down their throat-

Montana Silver Bullet

My wife graduated from PSU so I watch their games and know the program. The sanctions are weighting them down like a concret suit. They're stealing from the D-line to complete the O-line and have freshman for depth but they are saying our O-line is going to suck. Kills me, if Hackenburg were to get hurt you would see how one players loss could really hurt a team.

Montana Silver Bullet

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yea they seem to forget thatPSU lost 3 starters on the Oline then  another to injury,so thats 4 oline starters. They are trying to replace them with rusty cans laying out back by the shed,while we are plugging in 4 and 5* talents. We lost 3 starters if you count Pat coming in and looking rock solid at the end of the season,then we got a 5th year transfer from Bama that was good enough to start some games for them. Point is our Oline should be in way better then theirs. Oh and they act like 1500 yard receivers of Allen Robinson's caliber just grow on tree's there.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

If all the articles on 11w said that the Bucks were going to suck, I would probably stop reading. I don't mind them having faith in their team- whether they believe it or not. Fact is, they are still dealing with a serious reduction in scholarships, have to replace 3 starting offensive lineman, a tight end, an All-American WR, and only have 7 returning starters from a defense that was not good last year. Not to mention, they lose a QB guru in Bill O'Brien and gain a guy who... well, he knows how to recruit. Oh, and they lost arguably their best assistant coach of all time. Sooo... Here's to hoping we beat them by 60 again.

buckeyebobcat

TURD_BUCKET's picture

The air gets pretty thin on Mount Nittany

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

sharks's picture

This time of year, every team in undefeated and confident (except Purdue, probably). The wheat separates from the chaff soon enough

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
causeicouldntgo43's picture

Watching Urban and the boys hang 63 on PSU last year in person at the Shoe was the most fun I had all year with my pants on. I expect to have fun this year as well.

+2 HS

Wife and I are flying back to see it too, can't wait to see a night game there. Should be nuts! Even if I'm a scarlet speck in a sea of white-

Montana Silver Bullet

BigDrill's picture

Ohio State has Pollyannas as well, but over time you realize that on game day anything can happen, and rarely is a good team solely made up of one talented player.

Brutus1972's picture

To be honest, PSU can only get better. Franklin took on one of the easiest jobs to take over in College Football. BOB took the hit and rode the horse without a saddle. Now, Franklin is going to come in and act like the glory hound he is. We are still going to kick their asses and I cant wait. Why cant I wait? Franklin is a crybaby so I know I will be entertained by the multiple episodes of bitching and whining that will ensue in the coming years of their numerous beat downs at the hands of our Buckeyes.!!! Starting to dislike PSU more than ttun. You better get on your job, Hoke!

almurray10's picture

I find it humorous how simple-minded most non-osu media people are being. Yes, Braxton is a game changer, and it is impossible to duplicate what he brings to the field. But do people really think he was going to single-handedly will the Buckeyes to the playoff? That's what most of the projections were before his injury. I understand lowering expectations, but people need to understand that good teams with good coaches prepare for situations like this.

It will be so satisfying to see everyone's reactions if/when the Buckeyes start picking up momentum heading into the 2nd half of the season.

+1 HS
CC's picture

I think Franklin will do good things, but reality will set in when they go 6-6 or 7-5.