Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Dontre Wilson hype video

WOLFofOHIO's picture
August 21, 2014 at 10:52pm
34 Comments

Do not fret my 11W faithful, JT has some weapons. Starting with...

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

I got the GOOSIES! 8ish daaaays

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+2 HS
WOLFofOHIO's picture

so do i friend. so do i..

there is no greater joy than watching Michigan get slammed. in anything

+5 HS
KingsRite's picture

That spin move he put on PSU was SICK.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+5 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I never get tired of watching his kick off return against Penn St. He likes to use that spin move and he is only going to get better at it. I also liked at one point when he splits 2 Purdue defenders, he covers the ball with both hands.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+5 HS
d1145fresh's picture

I have a feeling that extra 15 pounds will help him break some of those arm tackles. He could be in for a big  season I have a feeling.  

+4 HS
nikolajz1's picture

Watching that video, there were so many close chances of him taking one to the house. He is gonna be fun to watch this year for sure. 

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

I believe it was around 23 lbs he gained, but I get your point tho :)

InHartWeTrust's picture

I fully believe he will be the prized horse of this offense this year.  I think he is in for a HUGE breakout yeat...but I am very biased, sooo...

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I'd give Dontre a helmet sticker for the simple troll job on Oregon.

+8 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Class of 2013 is going to have a big year this year

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Add Marshall, Samuel, and Dixon. We've never had this kind of talent of the edges. 

+3 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

I mean, the music sucks. Good video though.

Buckeye fan from PA

+8 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Yes. I don't like the N word used every other word either.

+4 HS
InHartWeTrust's picture

Ever seen his senior year highchool highlight video?  Pretty similar music, but great highlights. 

mmounts's picture

Stopped watching because of it. 

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

I love him taking a shit on Oregon at the beginning when he picks their hat up, looks at it and then grabs the Ohio State one.

+1 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Poised to explode. He will have a monster campaign.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

HeuermanTheFireman's picture

The way her carries the ball scares me though, it almost looks like he doesn't cover the point.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

bbb's picture

usually the music is damned awful for "hype" videos, but the music on this one was good

Urbz4President's picture

He runs like the wind blows.

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

He averaged 8.1 a carry. And 9.5 a reception. Weapon? Hell yes. 

+2 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

I've seen a lot of comments on different Ohio State message boards saying that Dontre didn't live up to the hype his freshman year, but I disagree. I thought he was a dynamic element to our offense that we hadn't had since Ted Ginn. Dontre wasn't a complete player his freshman year, but the expectation was for him to bring an explosive element to our offense and return game and I think he did that in most games last season. 

I'm really excited to see what he can do in year two. He's supposedly gained weight and has become a much more rounded player this offseason. He's the first player since Ginn that has that rare explosive speed  where the crowd stands anytime he touches it. 

+3 HS
chemicalwaste's picture

I'm not hating on Dontre, but I don't see Ted Ginn speed on him. He doesn't seem to pull away from defenders in a foot race as much as he can juke the shorts off them. Ginn had the instant acceleration and it was three steps to top speed and burning-your-ass. I see that top speed a little bit more with James Clark. Now, if I was chasing Dontre down, it would be pathetic, so I'm not saying he's slow, I just don't see it quite as much as others.

+2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I think its his jerky running motion, dude is still quick though..

+1 HS
InHartWeTrust's picture

Straight line speed he isn't on par with Teddy...he's fast as fuck, but definitely a hair short of Teddy (look at their high school 40 and 100 times, I think he is like 0.05 seconds slower iirc?).  However, the way he changes direction without losing speed is what makes him really dangerous.

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Track speed vs football speed.  On the field making defenders miss, I'd say they're about as close as humanly possible.

IH8UOFM's picture

If theres one person that can make me forget about our loss at QB, its Dontre...

+3 HS
Bamabucknut's picture

Time to UN leash him again.

BAR43's picture

I know some were disappointed in his fresh year, not sure how considering hes 18 playing for one of the biggest football programs in the nation, but I am very excited for this young player. You could tell in his running firs year he was a bit timid at times and didn't have the best vision, but still not bad at all. Now with a year under his belt, 20# of muscle, and more maturity and understanding of play book, he is going to be a monster.

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

dude El Guapo leading the way through that hole in the snow vs Indiana gives me chills for at least three distinct reasons.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

BTBuckeye's picture

WE NEED A DONTRE SPIN MOVE vs. PSU GIF

Like yesterday. Sorry for yelling.

BTBuckeye's picture

There's this one, but the field level side angle camera one is so baller....

KB3RG's picture

As Urban Meyer described the team "Fast"