Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Fan Reaction

rkylet83's picture
August 19, 2014 at 9:51pm
17 Comments

I wanted to say that I have been pretty impressed for the most part by how our fans have handled losing Braxton Miller for the season.  Sure, it was a huge shock but most of us have took to having faith in our great coaching staff and players.  I have a feeling that if all of the guys rally around Braxton and embrace the adversity together we will still have a great if not amazing season.  We will rally behind J.T. Barrett, and we will play great football.  

southbay's picture

si.com: Miller's Injury Disastrous for Ohio State

FU SI

There, that's my reaction.

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I expect the coaches and team to rally around this losing Braxton incident and will continue to strive to perform like a team on THE CHASE!!

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
blocko330's picture

We're still chasing baby!! Don't forget that folks.........

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+1 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Wow...

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

+5 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Sorry

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

+3 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Have faith in an improved defense and a solid qb, who's had limited spring game action. But as coach Herman said, the offense moves better with him than Cardale. Let's all have faith in this youngster. After all, smooth jazz players come from TX, and he's from Texas man.

Not to mention, we won a national title with Circle K. Don't drink the SI or ESPIN cool aid that the season is over. Thess two QBs remind me of Tebow and Leak...just saying.

+5 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Delete please before more of these - looking things come raining down like acid rain, plz and ty

+3 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Sorry for the duplicate posts

+3 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Oops so much for Galaxy 5s...a little sensitive on the save button for crying out loud

+5 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

There you have it folks: The rare sextuple post.

LEBRON

+16 HS
rkylet83's picture

One thing I've noticed and that others have shared is that we have no shortage of doubters.  Keep saying we can't get it done without Braxton.  Keep telling Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett, Ezekial Elliot and Taylor Decker that they aren't capable.  I know it may be a bit wishful, but I can't wait to see our talented players come out with a fire like never before.  Go Bucks! 

+1 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

I still expect to win every game and the team still expects to win every game. Lets take it one game at a time and see where we stand in the end. GO BUCKS!! 

+2 HS
mtgerken's picture

My expectations for this guy are pretty high, he looks like a really good QB in the making. He has a year of learning under his belt, so the freshmen growing pains may not be as obvious, but overall he looks like a Guiton. Dare I say that. 

"Because I couldn't go for three!"

hit_the_couch's picture

tOSU is gonna be fine without Miller. 

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

I don't know about 'fine' because you are losing one the premier players in the nation for the duration of the season but I will say, I'm not as worried given the faith I have In Meyer's system. If this offense lacked explosiveness, I would say Miller's loss really hurts. If he was the only home run hitter on the offense, then there would be need for real consternation. This offense is going to march out speed at every skill position, and are about 2 deep at said spots. JT Barrett's job might simply be that of a distributor. Find the open fast guy, get him the ball, let him do his thing and maybe make a nice run or two per quarter.

JT is the QB of the future, his future just came a little earlier.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

Clinger76's picture

I dont know about y'all but I'm kinda stoked about Barrett starting. I've been waiting for him to come in and take over for Braxton. He has been in waiting for a year now. He quiet and smart and IMO he'll know the playbook well. Hes been taking first team snaps since spring so, he'll be ready! I dont think we will miss Braxton much, (Except for his scrambling ability). J.T.'s passing ability will more than make up for Xbrax' running. I just have a feeling about this year. No matter whos behind the wheel! We need to be behind him and support him no matter what! He is a Buckeye!! We are Buckeyes! Lets do this

Our Honor Defend, I will fight to the end for......O-HI-O!!

+2 HS
airbuckeye's picture

I was setting in the E.R the night this news broke and was reading S.I and the teams they had listed making the final 4 and it had the Bucks playing FSU and Okl playing Bama so im not sure if this is how it turns out now with Braxton out . I just hope and pray we find a way into the final 4 and i would like to see us play Okl in the first game and Bama battle it out with FSU then it come down to us against Bama.

I would rather the Buckeyes take on Bama then and their new QB than FSU and Winston who frankly should not even be allowed to play this season but we all know how that goes. Well at least thats how i feel anyways but money talks and bullshit walks always has and always will.

Guess im just to old school when it come's to playing by the rules and honesty of the game which seems to go by the waste side more and more every year. At least i can say im old enough i grew up in an era that had moral's and standard's that you could proudly hold your head up in.