Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Buckeye D & Cowherd

meckwell's picture
August 19, 2014 at 5:01pm
27 Comments

Last year Cowherd said we were 1year away from elite, defense much improved with a powerhouse offense.  He is saying now our defense won't stop anybody, WTF?

Silver Bullet 10's picture

Flops more than the Heat

+10 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

Why do you listen to that moron.  He is the worst host on ESPN.  He has no real opinions; only spouts provocative BS.  

+9 HS
TheShookster's picture

Next time I learn something about football from ESPN will be the first time.

+11 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Why are you listening to Cowherd?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+6 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

CBlowheard

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

+2 HS
Butch_Driveshaft's picture

Cowherd is one of the biggest flip flopping douches on the planet. He will say anything that is in vogue if he thinks it will make him sound smart. That is all.

He owes me 260 bucks vacation pay, and he won't fuckin' pay that, so I figured a handful of chips wasn't too much to ask.

+4 HS
gumtape's picture

I listen to Cowherd, I admit it..

This would make good bulletin board material, and last year our defense did sort of suck.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+4 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

He's a joke-just spews things to get ratings.  SVP and Russillo are actually a good listen, and have a clue about the things they talk about.  

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

He is very precise with his picks...

+20 HS
charles's picture

Cowherd's formula....

1) think of an opinion

2) find some obscure fact that supports that opinion, while at the same time ignoring other more pertinent facts

3) integrate it's correlation with tv ratings

4) dismiss all other opinions

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

why are you listening to Cowherd? He is good 10% of the time, and thats only when he isn't actually speaking. 

+2 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Cowturd may be mad that we remember him saying Rich Rod's offensive schemes Going to Michigan were going to set other Big 10 schools on their ear.

+3 HS
sivaDavis's picture

He does what all the others that try to troll Ohio State do...troll. Says something dumb to upset a huge fanbase and that equals more responses, more spotlight and more pageviews for himself. Just ignore it.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
Habu71's picture

Whether positive or negative, Buckeye talk generates ratings. I remember a time when the Fabulous Sports Babe made it a point to disconnect whenever someone referenced TOSU. Sadly, it's all done to generate listeners. Good or bad we move the dial, I love being a Buckeye. 

+2 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Almost forgot about The Fabulous Sports Babe.  

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Probably showing my age there, as that was some time ago. Possibly not the best reference for this environment, but it was comparable in my mind.

+1 HS
The Butler's picture

He spouts a special type of douche baggery that is hard for me to comprehend. Every body on here has him nailed: 1) He makes a controversial statement, 2) Backs it up with the most obscure information, 3) And then flops and makes an excuse for his inane comment. At least he was right last year when he said we were 1 year away from being elite.

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

vitaminB's picture

You forgot how he just keeps repeating the same thing over and over.  This morning he was dogging RGIII for an hour and all he really said was, can't slide well, gets popped.  WTF does that mean?

+1 HS
The Butler's picture

I have to admit, about 10 years ago, when he first started at ESPN, I really enjoyed listening to him. I haven't listened to him for 4 years now, and I can't say that I have missed him at all. Like you say, he just says the same thing over and over.

I'd rather listen to the Fabulous Sports Babe...

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

kmp10's picture

Why ANYONE on this earth gives one damn about what Cowherd says is beyond me. He is paid to 'poke the bear'. He is paid to get people talking, agitated and tuning in. He is THE MOST abrasive radio personality on air today, IMO. His voice is made for radio about as much as Don Knotts' was, and his point of reference specific to football is no different / better than my sister (who, just like Cowherd, never played a down of football in her life). Listen to Dan Patrick on 1230AM... you'll be more entertained and far, far less agitated. 

bigbadbuck's picture

Cowherd likes to hear himself talk and if you are smart you'll let him be the listener as well. as Sgt Schultz on Hogans Heros says   "I know NOTHING" and neither does CC

+1 HS
buckeyeinthechi's picture

Cowherd just wants the ratings, which is why he's been around so long.

He's a closet Ohio State fan. Fact.

There are three different types of people in the world.....those who can count, and those who cannot.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Sometimes he seems interesting and other times when I hear him, it's like my head has 4 headaches at once.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Urbz4President's picture

He can suck a whole bag of dicks

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

I think he may be in cahoots with my wife.  They always seem to have the exact opposite opinion as me...

RunEddieRun1983's picture

Cowherd is no one to pay attention too.  The worse thing you can do is feed that troll.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.