Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Braxton Miller's future

Toilrt Paper's picture
August 19, 2014 at 11:16am
22 Comments

Questions that need asked:

Will he ever play QB again?

Will he take a medical red shirt and comeback and battle Barrett for the starting position next year?

If he does would he beat out Barrett?

IF he does will he injure the shoulder again?

If he is told he will never throw the ball again, will he take a medical red shirt and come as a TB or WR.? 

If he does which position should he play.?

If he decides never to play football again will he finish his degree or drop out?

If he wants to finish his degree would Ohio State pay for it?

If that's the case does Braxton count as a player on the 85 man roster? 

Killer nuts's picture

Right?! Why is no one talking about Braxton today?!

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I feel like my two year old daughter created this forum topic

IF, WHY, WHAT, WHAT, WHO, WHO THIS, WHAT, WHEN, WHY, DAD, DAD, DAD,....why are you crying and chugging brown water (whisky) at the same time?

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

NObuck-I-inTEAM's picture

Bring back the thread down vote!

+8 HS
MAVBuck's picture

AMEN! As I replied I actually wondered if he was being serious and I should continue to play along with his game.

TheAFBuckeye's picture

I'm not sure any of these questions NEED to be asked but give it a little time and we will find out the answer to most if not all.  Let's play the waiting game!

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

Killer nuts's picture

But just for fun:

Yes. No. Yes. No. No. N/A. Finish. Yes. No.

BUCKI06's picture

We're going to have to start salting people with all of these threads...

Get out of here snail!

"As long as we're keeping score, we're gonna try to win this thing." - UFM

+3 HS
Drewbuckeye's picture

Yes he will be allowed to finish his degree for free. If not I am sure there will be an outrage and people will probably donate money to him to be able to do it. Also people need to realize how tough this is for him I'd he is not able to play football anymore. Just imagine not beino able to do something you loved anymore (like your wife) after you had so much success.

F--- Michigan!

Buckeyeneer's picture

Some people have success doing their wives?????

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+3 HS
Earle's picture

My guess is that their wives may have a differing opinion on the matter.

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
MAVBuck's picture

Some of these questions no one has an answer to and others are just crazy.

Will he ever play QB again? Its a little early to run for the hills and start stocking up can goods in the basement. Besides, do you really think anyone on here has an answer to that question? 

If he does would he beat out Barrett? Really.......... Seriously tho, is this a real question?

Does he finish his degree or drop out? Drop out and do what? Again, is this a real question? Braxton has done nothing but show hes a class act and a determined individual. I cant say I see him dropping out. Period.

Would he take a redshirt to play RB or WR? And do what? Sit behind the 5 RBs currently ahead of him? Take a hit up the middle and get injured again? Oh yeah, I'd say he's all over that one.

BucksfanXC's picture

I get the feeling some people (and I'm not trying to single out the OP here) post forum topics because it is extra points and exposure, but it really should be a comment in an already existing thread

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

TheAFBuckeye's picture

Bored so I guess I'll play.  Looks like I answered thes same.  Yes, No, Yes, No, No, RB, Finish, Yes, No

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

mh277907's picture

Christ Almighty.

buckeyebobcat

-1 HS
Mean Mr Mustard's picture

At worst, he will get a medical redshirt this year --he never had a redshirt year anyways.  Drew Brees came back from a really bad shoulder injury, so it can be done. 

sivaDavis's picture

C'mon 3 more thread posts about Braxton/JT and daddy is going to be rolllllling in the dough. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

BassDropper's picture

Will he ever play QB again? Yes

Will he take a medical red shirt and comeback and battle Barrett for the starting position next year? Yes

If he does would he beat out Barrett? You're an idiot

IF he does will he injure the shoulder again? Seriously, who asks this? Can anyone on this board actually answer this?

If he is told he will never throw the ball again, will he take a medical red shirt and come as a TB or WR.? No

If he does which position should he play.?

If he decides never to play football again will he finish his degree or drop out? Ok, Im done.

If that's the case does Braxton count as a player on the 85 man roster? 

DIRECTIONER

+6 HS
buckeyefan333's picture

If he's done for the year then he's going pro.  Gotta get paid at this point.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I agree. One way or another, 2014 is almost certainly his last as a Buckeye football player.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

ESPN sports business reporter Darren Rovell noted Tuesday morning that Miller does have a $1 million insurance policy that safeguards his financial future should he not be able to play again. The premium was paid for by Ohio State.

TheBadOwl's picture

He's graduating this fall, so he's basically already done with his degree.

And yes, Urban and OSU would absolutely pay for postgrad classes if he wanted to come back next year.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS