Herbie picks Braxton to win Heisman

Faded Trey's picture
August 18, 2014 at 11:57am
43 Comments
KBonay's picture

Since we are all Biddle fans

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Using a Biddle tweet to talk about Herbstreit showing some buckeye love...(Buzz's GF..woof!)

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
Damonbuckeye's picture

Though I'm hopeful I just can't see Braxton winning it, he's just can't stay healthy.. There's rumors going around now that he may not even play in the Navy game, in practice he's been very limited with shoulder problems... I hope the Bucks make it into the 4 team playoff but I also hope Braxton can stay healthy..

KBonay's picture
+10 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Well that's interesting.  The line in Vegas sure to change on that news.

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Link to the rumors he won't play?

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
daveyt11's picture

OK...thanks Herbie, you are due in make up for an appearance on SEC 2014 football preview show.

-3 HS
sox33osu's picture

When Herbie uses the words "shock the world", then I'll perk up.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Well, if Brax misses Navy game, he probably misses out on Heisman as well, given the numbers that Winston and Mariota will put up this season.

However, eye on the big picture. Bucks need a healthy Miller to win a championship, and that is most important.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
clogan1032's picture
+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

What a homer... This guy needs to be more neutral since he's a broadcaster.

It makes me sick.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+26 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Glad to see that sarcasm (when done right) doesn't need any special font.

Where's Oyster and Earle at??

+6 HS
gumtape's picture

Who, this guy?

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+10 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I've seen this a lot in argument for Herbie....

I can tell you that he's actually not excited about an Ohio State play... He is standing on a soap box trying to choke Eddie to death.

+5 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

That's not Herbie... It's Anthony Dinozzo, Jr!

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

+2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Could we just be playing head games with Navy by saying Miller may or may not play? Weather it makes a difference in their game plan or not..??

+1 HS
Earle's picture

I would hope that head games would be unnecessary against Navy, no matter what the weather.

Italics are for emphasis.

+6 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Very true, but anything is possible, just ask _ichigan....

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Wait, I thought Herbie hated the Buckeyes with every fiber of his being?

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Seriously, I hope this quells the "Herbie hates OSU" narrative that people are so foolishly hellbent on keeping alive.

Nobody else on ESPN is picking Braxton for a Heisman or OSU to even make the playoff right now. Herbie is ESPN's most prominent CFB analyst, and a Buckeye alum. He's sticking his neck out here and I love it.

As far as being an analyst goes, Herbie is damn good at his job. He's at the top of his field. People get mad that he's not as homerish as they want him to be, but he's at the top of a very visible and competitive field. I'd rather have an alumni like him than have an obvious homer like Mark May or Paul Finebaum out there shilling for the Buckeyes.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Unfortunately, we'll never hear an an end to the Herbie hates the Bucks movement. I'd love to hear Robert Smith's predictions, and whether the fan base gets illogically angry with him if he picks against OSU. I still think that Herbie is a Buckeye at heart, and roots for them every single Saturday. Don't you think he'd love to hold it over the other ESPN guys that his team won the College Football Playoff? Of course he would.

I know it's not a popular notion, but Herbie still loves the Bucks. He, IMO, has been hypercritical in order to try and appear unbiased and professional when it comes to the emotions involved for him. Never forget that he was a third generation captain that bled Scarlet and Gray, and in another walk of life, would publicly be an over the top Buckeye fan.

Furthermore, I certainly hope he is 100% accurate with these predictions for 2014!

+3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I have never felt that Herbie was against the Buckeyes. I think it's absolutely disgusting for people to believe that he is against OSU just based on him trying to do the best job he can as an unbiased analyst/broadcaster. I saw on another thread that some people here think ranking OSU 5th in this year's AP poll was a little too high. Does that make them OSU haters?? Can't understand how some people are so delusional. 

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

HoopHal's picture

Between being on the cover of Sports Illustrated and being named by Herbstreit as the winner is a DOUBLE kiss of death for Miller. Herbie has not been right about a prediction since the first Bush was President. The first and last time I listened to him is when about 16 years ago he predicted that Air Force would beat Oregon in a bowl Game. I think the final score was Oregon 63..Air Force 10. Last year he predicted that Michigan would be the sleeper in the Big Ten. If I had enough space and a few hours to kill I could list all of his inaccurate predictions. Lets hope he FINALLY gets one right.

+1 HS
hodge's picture

It's probably an eSECpn conspiracy to jinx OSU...those bastards will stoop to any low to prevent us from succeeding!!!11!11!1

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Quick get out the tin foil hats before they turn us into Saban lovers!

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Any Christmas Story reference/gif/picture/quote is always well received...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

CALPOPPY's picture

Well, that was prophetic. Nice job, Hodge.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

If only talk was worth something. 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

That oughta shut up the Herbie haters for a while. 

+1 HS
CinncyBuckFan06's picture

It should shut them up but we all know it won't.

-1 HS
CincyOSU's picture

As is usually the case, the Herbie Haters will be silent on this thread then pounce the minute he says something they can twist into a shot at OSU....while conveniently forgetting today's actions.

PittBuckeye's picture

Picking Braxton behind a new O-line with Mariotta, and Winston coming back is a tough pick. I hope he's right though that would be fun to listen to ESPN talk about.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

This doesn't make me happy at all. Herbstreit is usually wrong on his picks.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Birdman2's picture

I hope he's right! 

I
+1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Braxton>Mariota. Not as an NFL prospect, but as a team leader, winner and college football player. I don't think I am that crazy, or am I. Herbie agrees with me....

-2 HS

What do you have against Mariota?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS

Nothing, I loved watching him against ASU in 2012. I think he's pretty electric and fun to watch. But I just call it like I see it. In my opinion the Stanford game exposed him. He was rattled and had no composure. He was eliminated from Heisman contention after that game. I'm tired of seeing Oregon overhyped, only to end in the same result every single year. I just think Braxton is better. Same with my Buckeyes. I'm just calling it how I see it.

H

-1 HS

To be fair, he was dealing with a bad knee in that game.

He was eliminated from Heisman contention after that game

Which was ridiculous. He should have at least been invited to NY.

The kid lost one of the best offensive minds in college football(Kelly) as coach, and still put up over 4300 total yards and 40 total TDs.

Maybe man, but I thought he got hurt late in that game. 

TheBadOwl's picture

Winning a Heisman doesn't mean the best player in CFB, just the most valuable. Braxton is going to run it a lot more than Mariota does. Tyner and Marshall will probably both be 1000 yard rushers. Braxton's got a bigger burden on his shoulders than Mariota. 

Unrelated note, what do you have against Mariota? And why? Dude's a stud, he's a huge part of why Oregon is so fun to watch.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
PharmBuck's picture

This is all Herbies fault

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got 9 guys who better go do it again," said Meyer. "Do it a little harder next time."

-1 HS