Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Most Hated CFB Teams in America

JoeAndSo's picture
August 7, 2014 at 1:53pm
10 Comments
Oyster's picture

I found the map to be questionable, and that is being kind.  Then I read the comments and it seems everyone else thinks the same way.  For instance:  Who would hate Air Force?   The logic seems flawed, especially in terms of Ohio and ttun not disliking each other more than themselves.

InTressITrust's picture

I really want to know where they got the numbers from. It is interesting seeing the random hate from Georgia and Kansas though

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

OSU069's picture

I don't understand this map. Surely texas and ohio state are both not the most hated teams in their own states? That doesn't even make sense. Although I do like that TTUN is hated in so many places. 

funtubs's picture

Hey, I was the one who collected the data for this map. I posted on /r/CFB with a poll and gave the results to someone else to make the map. I could see every individual answer and the time it was submitted and I noticed a TON of spam (~4000 out of 7000 votes). My original plan was to make 2 maps, one of the raw data and one without the spam, but the first one was posted without the second one being done due to bad communication. So here is the correct data after taking out all the spam http://imgur.com/kgN1Xno

funtubs's picture

Yes I admit the procedure was flawed, the sample size was small and it was hard to justify whether votes were spam or not at times, but it was only supposed to be for fun and I think people are taking it too seriously.

Oyster's picture

I'm not taking it too seriously, I'm discounting it.

funtubs's picture

Take a look at the new one.

Its a lot more reasonable

**Fixed

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

I will have to wait unti lI get home.  All I get with that link is a red X.

Run_Fido_Run's picture

Nevada hates Michigan because when Hoke visits Vegas, he spends many hours chowing down at buffets and never gets around to gambling.

+3 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Nevada hates Michigan because when Hoke visits Vegas, he spends many hours chowing down at buffets and never gets around to gambling.

loooool ^

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+1 HS