Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OSU related guilty pleasures/confessions

robobuck's picture
August 6, 2014 at 11:07pm
150 Comments

I like to squint while watch highlights of us playing Indiana and pretend we are beating Alabama. Also, I cried when we lost to LSU in 2007, but I think that was as much from PTSD as it was from true sorrow. Share yours below.

Knarcisi's picture

I record all the games and rewatch them on Sunday morning to break down the game film. 

+18 HS
sivaDavis's picture

<----- Guilty

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+6 HS
camodog's picture

Yes sir, I do this as well. Drives my wife and friends insane.

+1 HS
Jabba the Hoke's picture

I do too, I just wish you could get the wider angle camera view that the coaches watch.

Byaaaahhh's picture

Space in between his arms.

WHY YOU NOT FILLED IN!?

+18 HS
KBonay's picture

I f*cking hate Michigan....and Florida.

+7 HS
Poison nuts's picture

And make that + 1 more.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+1 HS
DWright's picture

I spend way too much $$$ on OSU gear... just do it.

+1 HS
Prickly_Pete's picture

I'm guilty of this. The majority of my wardrobe has the Ohio State logo somewhere on it.

e135800's picture

I like plaid hats

+2 HS
mr.green's picture

I never wear anything blue anywhere on my body on Game Day. Doesn't matter who we are playing.  I have gone to extreme lengths a few times to change before midnight on Friday. 

Tags in clothing count. 

+13 HS
Buckeye On Elba's picture

I'm the same way. But damn does blue bring out my eyes. Not meeting girls on gameday. Worth it.

+8 HS
Crumb's picture

I'm like that but most especially on the last Saturday of the regular season, two years ago I even bought black jeans before driving up to the Shoe and cut out the tag to make sure I wasn't wearing a stitch of blue or yellow.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

I think Urban sucks against Michigan

I loved watching Michigan last year... Because they were soooo bad

Pryor was overrated at QB, but a good overall player nonetheless

Coach Hoke is so soft and adorable

Noon games at the Shoe are embarrassingly quiet

Devin Smith is a mediocre receiver, very overrated

Vonn Bell should have started after CB went down

Coombs is nothing but a cheerleader and recruiter. Not an Ohio State caliber coach

We'll have a top 5 defense and top 10 offense this year

The new uniforms are getting old

Shazier is one of my all time favorite Buckeyes

Passing game sucks under Herman

-7 HS
MacG91's picture

Is this the confessions or brutally honest forum?

Mac..yeah

+15 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

If 2-0 sucks, what were you saying about Coop? Death to the infidel?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+16 HS

Lost to Michigan at Florida, almost choked the entire season to the worst Michigan team in years last year, and he only won by 5 at home in 2012. Tress would have blown Michigan out of the water.

-10 HS

Lost to Michigan at Florida,

Has he lost to them at Ohio State? Nope. That's all that matters.

almost choked the entire season to the worst Michigan team in years last year,

Almost doesn't count. You know who I would have loved to see "suck" like this against Michigan? John Cooper.

And worst Michigan team in years? Are you forgetting the Rich Rod era?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+16 HS

Urban Meyer 103 points

Michigan 103 points

Pretty underwhelming statistic with all the talent he's had. The worst part of it all was that Hoke OUTCOACHED Meyer last year with that terrible Michigan team. We were title contenders. Terrible coaching job by Urban Meyer.

-9 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

You're counting the 2011 game, where Urban Meyer's team scored 0 points, as he was not a coach in 2011.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Our Defense let Michigan score all those points, back to back THE worst defenses in our history and we still won the game.  Florida cannot be used as a reference as they were between championship seasons and started a tonne of underclassman replacing NFL players at key positions.  

Their offense that year was basically Tebow and a banged up Harvin.  In any case that's the one game that I'm happy Michigan won, this whole SEC Speed crap stopped the moment Morgan Trent caught Harvin 15 yards behind and caused Tebow and Urban to lose which in 06-10 we were very happy to see whether you want to admit it or not! 

+3 HS
Crumb's picture

I'll admit through 06-10 I was not an Urban Meyer fan, needless to say his change of uniform has won me over. And I'm with you about 07 UF not being a legit reference point, you can't really look at what a coach did with a previous school against our rival, I mean just look at John Cooper. He won the 87-88 Rose Bowl against Bo and ttun with ASU but couldn't claw out a win against them until 1994 with a better Ohio State program.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Urban steamed rolled Michigan in 2012, and I don't give one f*ck what the score said.  The UofM offense was never able to cross the 50 yd line after the half, and the Walverine defense shut it down and quit by the start of the 4th quarter due to the pummeling they were subjected to.  I should know, I was there.  Hyde was running mercilessly and only Urban was able to stop him and did so by electing to take a series of knees.  Lets not forget a missed FG or two.  Urban rolled Michigan in every.single.meaningful.stat.  Period.  No matter how you try to frame it.

Moreover, all of Michigan's scores came off three BIG OSU miscues in the first half...two defenders bouncing off Denard for a 60+ yd scamper, an out pass to Roundtree about 7-8 yds past the line of scrimmage that resulted in a 75 yd run due to mistackles, and the last due to a Philly Brown fumbled punt in the Michigan red zone.

Wow.  Mind boggling offensive play calling by Borges bro!

Only beat them by, 5, gtfo.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+11 HS
Crumb's picture

~~The UofM offense was never able to cross the 50 yd line after the half, and the Walverine defense shut it down and quit by the start of the 4th quarter due to the pummeling they were subjected to.  I should know, I was there.

Dang right brother! I was there too and was worried the defense might not be able to keep up the domination but they did and it was glorious.

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

No doubt.  You could see and read defeat in their body language on the field, on the sidelines, on the players and on the coaching staff.  All this despite as another pointed out, a one-score game.  OSU beat the submission into them.  

+2 HS
funtubs's picture

No.

+7 HS
Oyster's picture

Well, he is soft.  There is no debating that fact.

+8 HS
TheHumbleBuckeye's picture

It's a confession thread... why are you people giving him downvotes?

Never really thought about it, but when you back to that bowl game as well, you have a point.

I loved watching Michigan last year... Because they were soooo bad

That was great. Especially the Penn State game.

Pryor was overrated at QB, but a good overall player nonetheless

I think he is rated right where he should be. A limited, but effective passer his last season, who did a solid job of taking care of the ball. And the best pure athlete to ever play under center for OSU.

Seems like a likeable dude. The kind you could sit at a bar and BS with for hours about anything. He's fun to make fun of though.

Noon games at the Shoe are embarrassingly quiet

10000000000 times this. Way too quiet for noon games.

Devin Smith is a mediocre receiver, very overrated

Agreed. For how explosive he was as a track athlete (10.5ish 100M, 24 foot long jumper), he has yet to translate that onto the field.

Vonn Bell should have started after CB went down

Absolutely.

Coombs is nothing but a cheerleader and recruiter. Not an Ohio State caliber coach

I agree. Not an elite X's and O's guy, even going back to his years as a high school coach, when he would routinely lose to GCL coaches despite having WAYYYYYY more talent on his team. That said, his rah-rah spirit is infectious, and I think he's worth keeping around on the sidelines and as a recruiter for that reason.

We'll have a top 5 defense and top 10 offense this year

Not sold on the defense yet, but I do believe we have top 5 potential. The offense should absolutely be Top 10.

The new uniforms are getting old

Yes. I hate the new uniform crap.

Shazier is one of my all time favorite Buckeyes

Despite how high he was drafted, I don't think he ever got the accolades he truly deserved. He was a stud.

Passing game sucks under Herman

I wouldn't say it "sucks", but I definitely think it has been underwhelming and lacking in timely plays. We rack up big yards against crappy opponents, but rarely get big plays out of the passing game when it's needed. Even the clutch TD pass at the end of the first half against Wiscy was on a broken play. When I think of clutch passing game, I think of Krenzel (Holy Buckeye, and 4th and long in OT of the title game), Troy Smith to Gonzales at Michigan (hell that entire 88 yard drive), his long pass to Holmes to seal the Fiesta Bowl against ND, his Heisman moment against PSU when we really needed a play, his 4 TDs against Michigan, Todd Boeckman's fade to Pryor in the Fiesta Bowl, Pryor to Posey in the Rose Bowl, Pryor against Iowa, Pryor to Posey and Sanzenbacher in the Sugar Bowl. Clutch passes in clutch situation when we needed them, and many of them on obvious passing downs. I don't see enough of the clutch passing when we need it, especially not on obvious passing downs. Under Herman, Braxton has only been in a few situations where we NEEDED clutch passes in close games (Michigan State 2012, Purdue 2012, Michigan 2013, Michigan State 2013, and Clemson). In only one of those games did he make the clutch pass (MSU 2012). He was ineffective against Purdue. Only 1-3 for 22 yards in the second half against Michigan this year (if they only let him throw 3 times, then that is a serious issue). Terrible against MSU. And very ineffective when it matter against Clemson. Some of that is on Braxton, but it still starts and ends with Herman, because sometimes the routes just aren't there and Braxton is forced to scramble. I think this problem has been masked by the fact that we've been winning, but it is a serious problem in my opinion.

+5 HS
OSUBias's picture

Almost zero of those things are guilty pleasures. They're just disjointed opinions. 

Shitter's full

DCNick's picture

My wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first child, a boy, on December 6th. I want to be a super supportive husband and catch some of the Big Ten Championship game. I'm not stupid enough to voice this desire but she knows. She is from Ann Arbor and I was born at halftime of an OSU-Michigan game. OSU won.

+7 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

They seem to rarely come on the projected date.  You could be ok.  Or screwed because it's on the day of the game.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

It is what it is, can only control what we can control (aka make sure your insurance covers private/semi-private rooms with tv's) and have a buckeye blanket ready to be wrapped in once born.  

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I was born during the 1981 loss to Minnesota. 

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

First child due on Dec. 6? I'd go ahead and be prepared for a Christmas baby.

OSUBias's picture

Probably want to induce 4 days in advance of that date so you have your son at home, geared up, for the game. 

Shitter's full

Rob Reese's picture

Confession more than anything; when my fiancée got accepted to NEOMED, I pressed her to continue with her application process to The Ohio State College of Medicine so we could be near the campus again, not because I cared about our future together or the life we are carving out, I mean, psshh....

+6 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I watch all the Buckeye games of last year on YouTube. Every single second of each game. 14 games. I've watched them all 4 times each and I'm currently on the FAMU game in my 5th go round.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+6 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Where at? I was looking for them. Currently watching the spring game.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

JOhio1560's picture

Search for YouTube user "tornadomanatwork" and you'll find them.  He's got all the games from last season (I think) and tons of other classic games.

You're welcome.

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

-I can't watch Buckeye games with people that aren't die hard Ohio State fans and even then they have to be family. I prefer to watch games by myself. 

-I can't watch a game from the couch. I grab a chair and put it two feet from the TV. 

+13 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I would say I have to agree with you on watching the games alone..every time I tried watching a game with friends, they wanted to be my friend and want to talk to me..and I'm just thinking to myself, dude...stfu I'm trying to watch the game here!! Won't do it ever again!

+3 HS
robobuck's picture

we watched the Rose Bowl game versus Oregon at my sisters house, I think it was also her graduation party from medical school. someone had a one year old child they are in the basement where we were watching the game and every time something happened we were all screaming and he would get scared and start to cry and we'd all hush up and the mother would give us all disapproving looks. I secretly loved it

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+3 HS
TheAFBuckeye's picture

They don't understand us!!!

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

BullCityBuckeye's picture

Same here (somewhat).  If it a close/good game I usually stand and/or pace within a few few of my TV.  If it is a BCS bowl game, I don't think I ever sit down.

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

I do the same.  If I sit, it is on the coffee table in front of the couch.  It is closer to the TV and it I can more quickly get up to pace or celebrate.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
NCBuckeye2011's picture

Very true, I don't like watching with people who are not in the loop about the team. I also tend to talk (aka yell) at the television during games, even when I am watching them sober.

WarriorBuckeye's picture

That's me too. I get the evil eye from the wife a lot. I just pretend not to notice.

BuckeyeTrappedInSouth's picture

I refuse to talk to anyone during close games, and if the person is antagonistic towards the Buckeyes, I refuse to even act like I might have heard them.

In Urban We Trust

+1 HS

- I'm not sold on Ezekiel Elliott being the main guy this year. #TeamRod I have no problem being wrong on this.
- I think some Ohio State fans overrate Guiton.

+4 HS
Rob Reese's picture

47 seconds to go, down by 8 on their own 38.  Virtually no offense all day. No time outs remaining.

+8 HS
AndyVance's picture

I was in the stands for that game - it was glorious. I almost left after the INT because I thought it was all over, and my wife, my amazing beautiful wonderful wife, said "Are you kidding me? Do you want to be one of those fans?" And of course I didn't, so we stayed for the most electric 47 seconds of football I had ever seen.

The Legend of Kenny Guiton was truly born that day.

+5 HS
Rob Reese's picture

The Legend of Kenny Guiton was truly born that day.

Funny thing, that game is the center of one of my worst decisions; ever.

I had the chance to go, and in fact elected to do so with tickets in hand up until about 24 hours prior.  The day before the game, I decide to stay at the office and "get things done" over the weekend.  "It's just Purdue." I told myself, despite the history between the two schools,  I watched the entire game from my office, got jack squat done, and nearly writhed on the floor in a fetal position as I tried to reconcile the bitter sweetness of it all -- watching a truly special comeback and game, and giving away the seat the day before for nearly nothing.

Yeah, I still sulk about that to this day.  Not a good subject

+2 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

I don't remember what I was doing that day, but I think I was only able to watch those last 47 seconds (plus a few more before that).  Hell of a game.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

Rob Reese's picture

Favorite quote during that whole clinic, "..the poise, of Kenny Guiton.."  

buckeyebfd's picture

Yeah I sat here and watched this whole thing while waiting on the Bengals game to start

Baroclinicity's picture

I don't make noise at games unless I'm talking to someone.  But I'd rather stand when most are still sitting.

I don't respond to the O-H! yell unless I absolutely have to.

I think I'm one of the few left that would rather go to a game in person than watch it on TV.

When traveling to games, we prefer the Granville Inn over anything in the Columbus area.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

I think I'm one of the few left that would rather go to a game in person than watch it on TV.

I'm the same way. It is my favorite thing ever. I would go to all the away games if I could.

bgsubuckeye's picture

- I think Tressel is one of the most overrated coaches ever and hate it when people always bring him up when they disagree with something about Meyer. He is the reason OSU gets the bad rap all across the country.

- I love having Ohio players all over the roster, but I will be honest when saying this because I have nephews who play down south and I see some of there games when I go visit. The talent and the players up here do not even compare at all to the talent down south in football. It is obvious why the SEC is so much better just go down there for a high school game and you will notice. Great atmosphere and the teamwork is great up here, but would get destroyed playing down south, sign up as many southerners for our team as possible.

-10 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I stayed with a buddy in Alabama once, during my week there we attended a high school football game..the talent level was different, the kicker on the one team was also 6'7"3 00lb starting left tackle..coolest thing I had ever seen in my life...well, at the time I guess..

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

Did he also play QB? Jared Lorenzen is a living testament to the SEC having different talent.

+1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

No he did not..just kicked field goals and played tackle..and could hit from 40 yards out..that's pretty damn good if u ask me lol

Your post was entertaining, 9Route.

If the talent is so inferior, why has Nick Saban pursued so many players from the great state of Ohio?

+5 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I always watch the games standing the entire time.

+2 HS
Fatpants's picture

I quit wearing buckeye gear when I travel because I think random people yelling "O-H" at me in an airport is tacky. 

+6 HS
rllbucks1's picture

Cannot stand to watch game with anyone who is not a Fanatical Buckeye fan! Ruins game if I have to be around a non buckeye! Watch many games alone, which is my preference

rllbucks1

+6 HS
VarsityClubMD's picture

I rarely go to games anymore.  In fact I actively avoid opportunities to go.  I either watch the games at my buddy's sports bar in Grandview with a bunch of loaded maniacs. or, preferably, I watch at home, alone, communicating only with my best friend via text, with the majority of messages consisting only of "Nice block!", "WTF was that??" and  "Are you effing kidding me??"

New 60" TV this season, can't wait!

Dot this

+2 HS
robobuck's picture

I can't eat at all when the Buckeyes are behind In a game but when they get ahead I eat as much as I can because I usually haven't eaten for hours before the game.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+4 HS
Oyster's picture

Before the game they are technically tied, so it's ok for you to eat.

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

I'll allow myself a glass of water and three and a half soda crackers before each Ohio State contest this year

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

Sorry, oyster crackers

+3 HS
Haubtimus Prime's picture

My youngest son's name is Aiden James (A.J.).  My (ex) wife thinks she picked his middle name to honor her father.  She can think what she wants, but I know the truth. 

http://www.skylinepictures.com/Ohio_State_Bukeyes_Hawk_o135_large.jpg

+10 HS
Hitman61's picture

* I hate watching games with people who bash the Buckeyes just to get a reaction out of me.

* When my wife asks me "why is this so important" yet all must be silent during Greys Anatomy.

* I don't mind when folks cheer for "their" team if they are playing the Buckeyes IF it's the team they always follow.

LebBuckeye

+14 HS
Oyster's picture

When my wife asks me "why is this so important" yet all must be silent during Greys Anatomy

Our wives are related, trust me.

+1 HS
Crumb's picture

~~* I hate watching games with people who bash the Buckeyes just to get a reaction out of me.

People do that to me all the time, most people I know are BYU fans and they used to talk crap just to piss me off. I guess they finally stopped because they could see in my eyes I had had enough and was just gonna start throat punching them. Insulting the Buckeyes is close to insulting my family, it's a line people don't want to cross and shouldn't flirt with.

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I wouldn't be able to not laugh at any BYU fan talking trash about anything sports related.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

Buckshaw79's picture

Amen, 

I have been known to tell people to leave just for cheering against Ohio State to piss me off. They don't have a dog in the race but choose to cheer against OSU just to piss me off. Out you go. 

"Be the man your dog thinks you are"

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I hate when that happens.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

Buckshaw79's picture

Amen, 

I have been known to tell people to leave just for cheering against Ohio State to piss me off. They don't have a dog in the race but choose to cheer against OSU just to piss me off. Out you go. 

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I love when that happens.

GreatLakesBeer's picture

I turn the volume off on my tv and listen to the buckeyes radio network

If you will it dude, it is no dream

+2 HS
RubixTube's picture
  • My wife almost went to scUM for her undergrad and still roots for them in football & basketball.
  • My mother-in-law supports scUM simply because she knows it annoys me....and I hate her for it.
  • I DVR every Buckeye game with intentions to watch after my kids are asleep but, if I find out the score/outcome before hand, I delete the game w/o watching.
  • I think Beth Mowins is ruining Joey Galloway's chance at becoming a good commentator.
  • I hate when Keith Jackson and Brent Musberger call OSU games but would still prefer either of them to Beth Mowins.
  • I love Braxton Miller but secretly wonder if our offense would've been better last year with Smooth Jazz at the helm.

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

I think Beth Mowins is ruining Joey Galloway's chance at becoming a good commentator.

Because she is always stealing the spotlight from him?

+1 HS
RubixTube's picture

Because I assume most people are like me & would rather mute the TV or watch another game than listen to her cover anything.

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Not a big fan I take it...

Seattle Linga's picture

She's got a much better face for radio

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

But if she and Joey were on the radio, people would ask what kind of parents would name their son Beth?

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture

I would have liked to see Braxton redshirted last year. Not sure he did himself any favors playing injured. I would have liked to see what Kenny G. could do over a whole season.

I don't know how any OSU alumnus can marry a UM fan/alumnus. It's like the ESPN commercial ... it just ain't right.

Just ... no!

I would rather watch an OSU blowout win than a nailbiter.

I don't know how any OSU alumnus can marry a UM fan/alumnus. It's like the ESPN commercial ... it just ain't right.

You would turn Kate Upton down?

ponder10's picture

Kate Upton has that body where once she has kids she'll keep her weight close to a duece, duece and a half.

The only reason she would stay thin is the shaming she'll get from the other models.

“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.” ~ Baba Dioum

+3 HS
Earle's picture

Upside down.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

She would hurt you old man!

+2 HS

She would hurtkill you old man!

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I don't think even a double dose of his nitro pills would save him.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

My wife is a UM girl. That commercial could be me & her. I was gonna kick her to the curb, but decided sports couldn't get in the way of finding a soul mate. 

ponder10's picture

Some Chinese kid in an arm sling in Tempe, AZ hugged me after the end of the 2002 National Championship game... I have no idea who he was, and his English was broken, but to this day it's one of the best hugs I've ever received.

I prefer to watch the games alone. That way, if we lose, I don't have to pretend like it's no big deal and it's just a game.

My wife went to Sparty so we go with the saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and she roots for OSU if they're not playing MSU and vice versa.

“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.” ~ Baba Dioum

+4 HS
Earle's picture

Some Chinese kid in an arm sling in Tempe, AZ hugged me after the end of the 2002 National Championship game... I have no idea who he was, and his English was broken, but to this day it's one of the best hugs I've ever received.

That was no Chinese kid, that was 9Route in one of his many disguises.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

My guilty pleasure (it's few and far between these days) is my ongoing Ohio State dynasty in NCAA 14 (it's a Wolverine-free cover).

Zero losses. That's 14? straight national championships.

Multiple Heisman and other major award winners.

I play as either a dual threat, left handed qb, or a strong safety molded from the finest Spielman, Tatum and Winfield DNA.

My offenses assault, my defenses destroy.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Started a Dynasty and they had me playing Utah for the 12th game in 2014. I don't understand...........

+1 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

I always play an OD with a friend who picks ND.  Usually we get the difficulty level to the point that it is hard to go undefeated.  And of course we play each other in the title game which makes it hard.  The games are usually close but I usualy come out on top.

However, while we haven't played in almost a year the dynasty we started is still there.  We are in Season 6 or so and I have won every game.  Counting the 12-0 2012 season which was the last played in real life before this game I have won 100 straight games.  I have never started that strong before, especially having to play another player each year.  The last full season we played I had like 4 games in a row to end the season including the B1G championship where I basically preserved a win in the last minute, won in the last minute, or in one case came back from 17 down.

This has me wanting to get him to start playing again and pick up where we left off.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Shades of undergrad school..many moons ago.

Used to have some serious contests back in the day...NCAA, Madden and Hockey.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

Yeah. Being married with 2 kids really cuts in to gaming. I barely play now.

+2 HS
nburns18's picture

Hate when my friends and family say, "calm down, its just a game" especially during or after a game. Its not just a game!!!!

"You win with people." -Woody Hayes

+6 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I can't watch a game sitting on a couch or recliner. It's either standing or sitting on the floor or folding chair.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Standing, hands on knees like a coach. A football in hand is a good diversion.

Can't drink (responsibly) or eat when a game is on.

+1 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

I had my keys in my hands and was pacing vs Purdue in 02, I spiked them hard on Holy Buckeye and broke my car remote

+1 HS
ChimdiCheckyaselfbeforeyawreckyaself's picture

haha!  it'd be great to have some sort of compilation video of OSU fan reactions to that - unbelievable moment, I get goosebumps just thinking about it

A little is better than nada, sometimes you want the whole enchilada

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I swear uncontrollably during terrible plays, blown coverages, missed tackles, etc. I yell at the tv A LOT. Does not matter who the Buckeyes are playing. I will always yell at the tv because I feel like my words can be used for motivation.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+4 HS
BullCityBuckeye's picture

I hear you.  I've gotten a lot better about not yelling in my old(er) age.  However, false starts and stupid personal foul penalties still get me worked up.  And I'll second your mention of poor tackling. 

cjmgobucks's picture

home jersey for home games and away jersey for away games.  I still have 4 years of eligibility and you never know when coach might call my number....!!

"When I look in the mirror, I want to take a swing at me."

Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+3 HS

When I got my white #33 jersey to go along with my scarlet #28, then I started to do the same thing.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+1 HS

I like to watch the game alone... in a stadium of 100,000+ people.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I own way too many jerseys.

My wife yells at me when I yell at the game and I tell her to shut up.  Women don't like to be told to shut up.

I always eat good food on game days.  Takeout (Cane's, pizza, Rooster's, whatever else) or something good that I can cook (salsa/cream cheese dip - equal parts of both in a crockpot, chicken enchiladas - my wife bought these temptations bakeware or whatever and it came with a recipe for enchiladas and it's good).

While I may not be a big fan of the Seven Nation Army stuff, I do think seeing the student sections bouncing up and down during it is a really cool visual.

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
RK84's picture

I wore and Eddie Throwback jersey for every game and tailgate 05/06, never waivered. Had it on for the debacle against UF, it has not been out of my closet since. Bad Mojo man...

Also, the Saturday morning of each game, I go to the same giant eagle and buy one 12 pack of PBR, sometimes it gets drank other times it doesnt, but it about the principle.

Oyster's picture

You can bring the mojo back.  It takes a few games but it is possible.  Wear it for small segments of the early games, then take it off and put on something else.  Increase the wearing time each game.  By the 5 or 6th game it will be back to normal.  I have brought a number of taintned articles back this way.

+2 HS
RK84's picture

I like they way you think, I'll give it a try! I'd throw you an upvote but cant yet, I'll ge there.

+3 HS
roamingbuckeye's picture

I've been out of school for 5 years but I still prefer getting tickets in the student section when I go back for games, the atmosphere is just so much more fun and I cant stand being told to sit down by some one behind me on a 3rd and short.  The day I change my mind about sitting in the student section I will count as the day I officially grow up.

"I just cant wait to play football." -UFM

+1 HS
Fatpants's picture

I think if I don't listen to "Mama Said Knock You Out" before The Game every year the Buckeyes will lose. First heard it in 2006 and every year through 2010, didn't hear it in 2011, downloaded it after that. Not willing to risk it.

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

I watch with no pants on

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I trust you have the decency to put a towell down first?

bigbadbuck's picture

I do..............

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Gobucks2204's picture

In college, I was watching an OSU Michigan game with a few of my fraternity brothers. Present was this really annoying guy who always picked at people and was a big time smart ass.  He was making snide remarks when OSU did something bad. At that time in my life I was pretty muscular from dedicated weight lifting. I told him, "if you say that one more time, and I will throw you through the wall." He challenged me, and I quickly got up, and pushed him very hard and he flew backwards into the wall, hit his head, with his cigarette tumbling out of his mouth. It all happened like it was in slow motion.  I am a pretty laid back guy and I had never lost my temper or been out of control before like I did that day. Therefore, It was surprising.  I quickly sat back down peacefully for the rest of the game.  Thank goodness he was not physically hurt but he never talked smack to me again. Never bad mouth OSU during a Michigan game!

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Never bad mouth OSU during a Michigan game!

Amen, brother 

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I didn't hide my hate for Urban at UF.  Now that I read about him all the time, I have realized that he's a good guy.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS

- I was more upset after the loss to Kentucky in '11 than I was with Florida in '07.

-I nearly smacked an 11 year old Michigan fan after the '03 loss.

- I wanted Bob Stoops to be the head coach of Ohio State up until early November.

Crumb's picture

- From the start of the 2012 season I've only shaved twice (never during the season) for a funeral and a wedding, the rest of the time I've grown a Victory Beard (kinda like hockey's playoff beard).

-Before every game I go to I have to stop at a UDF near my house on the way and fill up the car, get some orange juice and a couple Krispy Kreme doughnuts or the Buckeyes will lose. (I'm 16-1 and the only time I didn't do this was the only time I saw a loss in person, 2011 Penn State).

-I can't ever talk smack about that team up north to their fans. In high school after the '02 title I rubbed their faces in it and then was humbled in '03. I've learned since that the best trash talk to them is saying nothing because trash talking only gives them to validate themselves through the past. Silence and graciousness in victory makes em just have to sit there and take it.

+1 HS
JOhio1560's picture

I root for Kentucky during basketball season.  I have family in Lexington and am required to pull for the Blue and White in order to remain in their good graces.  And during basketball season, that is honestly very easy to do.  But football is my sport and Ohio State will always rank ahead of Kentucky in my heart. 

I've rooted for TTUN just once in my life.  Ironically, it was against Urban Meyer in the CapitalOne bowl.  I've never rooted for them since and I never will again.

I actually like the color blue.  I'm half Scottish and blue is our national color.  I do hate the color yellow with a passion.  Anything yellow is disgusting.

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS

I like to cover myself head to toe in Peanut Butter and ha.........oh, not that kind of confession?

+2 HS

I like watching games with a crowd (at least of football fans) and when the Buckeyes win, I'm all like...

The Pen Is Mightier!!!

... if someone else was rooting for the opposition.

Jack Burton's picture

I'm engaged to a ND fan. We pretend not to hate each other. 

It's all in the reflexes - Me

+4 HS
THEOSUfan's picture

I was married on 8/18/84.  We are celebrating number 30 here in a week and half.

My anniversary falls less than 2 weeks before CFB begins.  Every anniversary I feign interest in our milestone and daydream about the coming Buckeye glory.

Shame on me.  Problem is that I'm shameless.  :)

+1 HS
MichiganBuckeye222's picture

I paid 150 per ticket for 4 tickets to the championship game in Indianapolis, but told my wife that I got them for free.  Lugged the while family to the game...

after the game, my wife said "at least we didn't pay for that crap"

i always felt felt that I jinxed the team by lying to my wife

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987.

www.septemberheisman.com

+4 HS

One son is a Michigan fan, and the other one says he likes OSU....but is too smart to not go to MIT

www.septemberheisman.com

Save the money and send him to a high end state school for his undergrad.  Grad school is where the rankings begin to matter more.

+1 HS

My high end state school is Michigan.....

and money  isn't the problem....I have a degree from tOSU

www.septemberheisman.com

Buckshaw79's picture

I have the Same Routine every game day, Marching band playing on the stereo, loud enough the neighbors can hear it, while hanging my OSU flag, waive it 7 times before hanging it. 

My Dogs are Scarlet, Gracie and Hawk

I have worn the same pair of gray boxers every game for the past 4 seasons. they may have to be retired before this season 

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

I get incredibly angry and upset whenever Ohio State loses.  Whenever OSU lost to Kansas in the Final Four i was a wreck for around a week.  We had a 12pt lead, and i think up 5 under two minutes.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
InTressITrust's picture

I was at a house party on campus dancing with a random girl wing manning for a friend. Eventually found out she went to that one school up north. Immediately left, went home, and took a shower. I felt so dirty.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I hated Tresselball. Hated hated hated it.

I never doubt anything Urban Meyer does, not because I'm a homer but because he is our last tie to Woody and Urbz wants to do him proud. Let him.

TTUN will be back, quickly if they pry away Harbaugh or Myles

I can't watch an OSU game with anyone who isn't an OSU fan. I'm too tempted to dickpunch someone for not shutting up about the mighty SEC during a Buckeye game or bringing up Tatgate or the 07 title game. 

I eat the same thing before every OSU game: peanut butter and jelly mixed together into that purple goop. I ate it right before the 2002 Miami game. So yeah, I'm superstitious.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

northcampus's picture

1.  I only drink Bell's Two Hearted Ale or Great Lakes Commodore Perry before (if I attend the game) or during (if I watch on TV) OSU games.  For OSU-UM, I only drink Great Lakes CP.

2.  Black OSU hat with the scarlet block O for every game.

3.  I attempt to predict offensive plays during games (this was much easier when Bollman called the plays).

+1 HS
camodog's picture

My black hat with the red block "O" is so old and faded I have to hide it from my wife. I am afraid she may toss it one day. I wear it every weekend. Favorite hat ever.

Gobucks2204's picture

My dad has his special chair he sits in for every game. Even when he was out of town, and the regular crowd was at his house. We kept the chair empty in honor of him, and not to bring bad karma. I got yelled at for trying to sit in it once. I've also been yelled out for wearing something blue, and quickly changed. Never made that mistake again.

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

I really like "hail to the victors" and since I grew up during the coop years I actually.thought it was OUR fight song for a while and I would hum it a lot until I got punched by my older brothers.

Michigan is one of the most beautiful states and one of my favorites (been to 45 of them)

I'm bored with the rivalry right now (less so after last year's the game which rocked and renewed my hate) but i stopped.hating ttun a while back and just pitied them. But now I hate them for sucking almost as.much as I hated them when they'd beat us in the 90s

+2 HS

Michigan is one of the most beautiful states and one of my favorites (been to 45 of them)

cant ant say I can argue about that....although Hawaii and Montana are higher on my list

www.septemberheisman.com

I always thought that Miami got robbed.....

www.septemberheisman.com

Rob Reese's picture

I disagree. 

+4 HS

after seeing that view, i agree.  carry on.

www.septemberheisman.com

+2 HS
VarsityClubMD's picture

Correct. If this penalty had been called then there never would have been the opportunity for the "controversial no-call" to occur. This was a penalty, the other was not. It is inarguable.

Dot this