Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

The Joke up North

jonping67's picture
July 28, 2014 at 8:35pm
33 Comments

Did anyone catch Brady Hoke's B1G Media speech? He must have said ummm 100 times. At one point his A.D.D. kicked in and he had to ask a report to repeat the simple question. I was even embarrassed for him. He also couldn't stop eating ice from the cup of water he was drinking. I guess eating a pizza while behind the podium would have been inappropriate. How did TTUN hire a coach with such a poor stage presents? Lord I hope he stays at TTUN for a long, long time.

IH8UOFM's picture

He's in way over his head. Has been since day one.

M Man's picture

Stage presents!

+30 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

PRESENTS!!!!

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+6 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

The best case scenario is he pulls a rabbit out of his hat this year and gets a 5 year extension.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
clogan1032's picture

I believe he has the talent but I question if he has the ability to do so. 

+1 HS
TheTeam16's picture

He sure as hell doesn't, but G-Matt and Nuss do.

-3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I feel like this thread might be a joke...

-1 HS
makearuckus's picture

ummm i like, ummm.think ,umm I will be ummm looking, ummm for ,umm employment, ummm next . umm year.

"Woody's style was strength-on-strength, will-on-will, toughness-on-toughness." Woody's philosophy was, "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

+4 HS
buckeyejma's picture

Sounds like a plan,but I want the Big 14 (BIG10) to be a reflection of the so called SEC Super Conference (ESPN promotes them as the premiere college conference with their cash backing them).  So we need to put a end to their domination. I want our conference to wake up and compete and not be a Hoke or joke!  O-H.

Step aside Nick, Urban is the real rock star!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

On a side note - I don't know if it has been mentioned before but does anyone else find it interesting that MSU has a bye the week before they play us?

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

If my memory is correct, a couple of teams had bye weeks before they played us, last year.  It gives everyone an extra week of practice, to try to knock the big dog off of the porch.

Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed RD - it's fine with me if they want to do that when it's a home game for us but MSU is on the road and that will be a tough battle regardless.

+1 HS

Yep Seattle they have every single angle going in their favor for that one. Extra week,night game and yadda yadda. Hopefully that will have us that much more prepared and ready for revenge. Last year we played a night game at NW and they also had an extra week to prepare. That one was a little too close for comfort for me and if we play anything like that Buckeye Nation will be highly disappointed. No excuses,No regrets.No retreat,No surrender.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Correct GH Weird thing is...the Wildcats were undefeated when they played us, then once they lost, they went on to a 1 - 7 record in the conference only beating the Illini 37-34. I think it's safe to say - we ruined their season. 

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

Rutgers is probably thinking the same thing about their game with us this year. Now it's going to be pretty hard for them to beat us.

OSU069's picture

Brady Hoke

"Umm...... Well I Um... Uh our team is Um.. Very Um.. UH... Devin Gardner will be umm.... We have Jabril Peppers!! We are unstoppable!!!"

+2 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

I'll just leave this here

Football is complicated...

+7 HS
OSUpawn's picture

I couldn't stop laughing. Just think there is a school that is paying that guy millions. 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+3 HS
BroJim's picture

He is going to an interesting old man. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I found out from a reporter that was there................that wasn't ice in Brady's cup, it was sliced n diced chunks of un-cooked pork sausage.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

-1 HS
rdubs's picture

He has been recruiting very well and if they could have blocked someone about 4 times a game they would have won at least a couple more games.  We'll see, but I am not one who thinks Michigan is going to be as bad as they were last year, and they nearly beat us last year.  

With MSU, OSU, PSU and them in our division, someone has to finish 4th though, so we'll see.

-1 HS
OSU069's picture

They also could have just as easily lost a couple more games last year. 

+1 HS

Akron,NW, and Uconn ring a bell.

+2 HS
PapaBucks's picture

If they could have blocked someone 4 more times a game last year, I have faith they would have finished with a top 100 rushing offense.

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Just listened to Hoke talk at media day and there is a certain feel to his speech, like a lack of confidence. He didn't talk much about wanting/needing wins and championships, rather he talked more about being competitive. He just didn't seem comfortable, and his answers were short,,,,,,,,,,completely different than Urban. Urban seemed confident laid back and no fear of talking with the media.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

The Rill Dill's picture

When you have nothing to say about how bad your team is, just start talking about graduation rates.

+2 HS
Jabba the Hoke's picture

I think he said 69 out of 69 seniors graduated, which is impressive. But, does that count Gibbons, who I thought was kicked out of the university before he graduated ?

+2 HS
M Man's picture

Gibbons graduated on time.  He played as a fifth year senior, enrolled in graduate school.

BuckeyeRick's picture

Brady Hoke: "I'm just saying facts that I know. I don't know a lot of facts, but I do know some". Can anyone tell what the question was at the very beginning of this video and what the heck Brady was talking about in his answer? It something about MeatChicken being a flag bearing program, but Hoke's answer is on another track, it seems.

+1 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

Now if only he accepted the fact that he is in way over his head.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

hit_the_couch's picture

At one point his A.D.D. kicked in and he had to ask a report to repeat the simple question. 

I have ADD and wouldn't have the energy to sit through the reporter asking the question again. If I did ask a repeat, I would need a third repeat because by that time I was already thinking about eating lunch, then doing laundry because of a stain on my shirt, then going to the store to get detergent, but forgetting what I went in for and buying beer instead. All of this would rage through my mind in 5 seconds.

It is an interesting life, I tell you...what were we talking about again?

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

bucks4nuts's picture

For a large man..... He sure talks with a high pitched voice

"To The House"

Ardyb's picture

He looks like 10 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag. What a disgusting creature. No degree of professionalism.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS