Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Damon Webb and Jabril Peppers.

sivaDavis's picture
July 6, 2014 at 12:48am
33 Comments

Came across this picture today and wondered if anyone saw it.

WebbJabril Peppers (UM), Tim Cason (PU), Damon Webb (OSU)

Supposedly there were a bunch of B1G players working out today up in TSUN. Going against one another and also instructing younger high school and college players at an unknown high school. Did a little research and came across some tweets as well.

Here's a couple that made me smile.

And this one made me smile extra wide.

Jabril Peppers can't even cover our DBs

Also a little sidenote: I've been over to MGoBlog and saw some posters arguing over the height of Jabril Peppers, saying he is somewhere between 6'0 - 6'2. Seeing how I was led to believe Damon Webb is 5'11 and found out that Cason is listed at 6'2, I just don't see that as a possibility but obviously I could be wrong, Damon and Tim Cason (middle guy in the picture from Purdue) probably are both be standing on a stack of phonebooks. Jabril Peppers is actually 6'4 guys.

Obviously this isn't game situations and just a couple guys getting better, I just wanted to share this with everyone and know that it's good to see players working and striving to get better during a time where most kids their age are out having fun with their friends, relaxing, etc. It's these stories that don't make big headlines but like I said it's good to see and good for the B1G.

DannyBeane's picture

Damon Webb is still one of my favorite recruits from the past 3 seasons and he just keeps getting better.

+4 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

Peppers looks like an angry dude 

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

He's going to a crappy football team. I'd be angry too.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+41 HS
Becool12's picture

You know, the funny thing is, Damon Webb was actually measured at 5'10 at one of the combines or bowl games or something. 

+1 HS
jkrk's picture

By the looks of their hand gestures they all understand the B1G pecking order.

+16 HS
OSUlewis's picture

Lined up in order from the pictures right to left...

+1 HS
jonping67's picture

Look at their hands in the picture above, Webb knows who's #1 and Peppers knows who's #2.

LMAO

+6 HS
DenBuck's picture

Peppers is ripped!

Buckeye For Life

+1 HS
ronbizi's picture

That is a grown man.  Sucks he's going up north, but he looks built to be playing from day 1

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Peppers is ripped!

Wait until after a few of Hoke's Famous Barbeques. Then let's see how ripped he is.

Nice post SivaDavis!

+3 HS
1MechEng's picture

Who's the guy in the back right looking like he's trying to model a product or sell something?! LOL!

+2 HS
sb97's picture

HAHAHA Nice catch!

Seattle Linga's picture

Hopefully the B1G can hook a few more fish like these guys. I remember when Peppers first committed - every blogger from UM instantly thought they would win the NCG with one 5 star recruit. Talk about jumping the gun and making outlandish statements 

+2 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+2 HS
TheTeam16's picture

He is not just an ordinary five star recruit though, he has been praised as one of if not the best DB prospect of all time coming out of HS, and arguably was the nations best HS player last year. The reason we won in 1997 was about 80% Woodson.

I will agree some UM fans are delusional about this, but there are many instances where one player has completely turned teams around in one year.

-1 HS
robobuck's picture

Wow. Peppers is a stud. Say what u want but he looks like a baller and I wish he wasn't going.to be a wolverine. Those of us old enough to remember Woodson shudder. But I believe dame will be every bit the player jabrill will be and he will be on a better team. Go bucks!

Edit: guessing the guy behind Cason is either a badger or a wolverine

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+1 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

Correct. He definitely is a great prospect.

toad1204's picture

I heard Peppers was seven foot tall and shoots fireballs from his eyes and lightening bolts from his....

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+9 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

nice movie reference!

Go Bucks!

chirobuck's picture

......Arse

^ best post ever ^

sivaDavis's picture

Either Damon grew or UM fans are going to be sad.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
FitzBuck's picture

The correct answer is "c" both a & b.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+3 HS
2002osubuck's picture

Peppers is definitely not taller than Webb. I'd say Webb looks a solid 6' standing next to that 6'2" purdue kid.

buckeyes7222's picture

Really cool update, except for the mention of phonebooks, which clearly don't exist anymore

MassiveAttack's picture

I'm assuming this is in jest, but you didn't use the sarcasm font.  Just an FYI, I got a Columbus Yellow Pages delivered on my front porch just last week.  Not that I'm going to be using it for anything other than ballast on my bookshelf....

OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

So I lived in North Jersey the past several months and was pretty close to Paramus (Where Peppers is from).

One time I saw him at the gym I used to go to and he was absolutely ripped out of his mind. That being said, I'm about 6'1. Dude was shorter than me by   AT LEAST two inches and that's not exaggeration. Nonetheless, I think he is going to be a player for Michigan based on what I heard from everyone in Bergen County.

On a side note, I never got to meet up with Ramzy for a situational while I resided in NJ so I'm pretty disappointed in myself. 

OSUStu's picture

Does Peppers even lift?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

Okay. Just curious.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

irishfury's picture

Shame Webb and Peppers would have been a great CB duo.  I hate admitting it but Peppers is going to be a good one.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

It's ok he actually might turn into a real nice player/stud which wouldn't be all that bad b/c it makes the conference that much stronger. A man on an island will need help and we have the players and staff to take full advantage of the weaknesses they have.

hit_the_couch's picture

There's a chance Peppers looks like that naturally; just a case of good DNA. I've seen it before with a guy in my unit. He never hit the gym and was just built and ridiculously strong naturally.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

whiskeyjuice's picture

GREAT POST AND GREAT READ!!!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs