Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

No Troy Smith Thread?

BassDropper's picture
June 28, 2014 at 7:15pm
27 Comments

Someone was on here not to long ago suggesting that Troy would start over Johnny Manziel and NFL GMs are stupid for not having him on their team. Looks like Troy's been hanging out at In-N-Out Burger again, he looked horrible. Cant blame the talent around him.

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

He was looking pretty good in Montreal throwing to Duron Carter.

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Have you seen his stats? I know he only started about 3 games maybe a 4th (the playoff game they lost), but the numbers aren't good even for Canada.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I hadn't seen the stats, no. I only saw his highlights on the SCTop10, plus a couple positive headlines where I never actually read the articles. My fault. I don't know if I could ever follow Canadian football. I can't even get into Canadian bacon...

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+4 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

I'll just continue to remember Troy like this....

+18 HS
AndyVance's picture

Wow, that was not a good outing for the Als... Troy completed only 17 of 40 passes, with a long of 15 yards. The rushing game apparently wasn't much better. I didn't watch it, but the stats ain't pretty.

And yes, I'd sill take Troy over The Money Badger any day. One game does not a season nor career make. Here's hoping the Als bounce back under Troy's leadership.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

I respect your opinion, but I don't think it was just a bad game. I love Troy, he's still arguably my favorite player...but since the NC he hasn't had too many bright spots. He completed only 52% of his passes last year, and off to a rocky start.

It's still great for his resume if he ever wants to get in to coaching. Come home Troy.

DIRECTIONER

theopulas's picture

come home Troy....

Theopulas

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

I'm a TS fan and all, but ever since he left college his numbers haven't been pretty save for a game or two in the league. 

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

buckeyeboy31's picture

He was set to start for the ratbirds until he came down with an illness that caused him to lose like 30 pounds and miss the entire year back when flacco was a rookie

+1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

TS has a very different meaning to me...

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Jared Lorenzen wants some more burgers please. Dude cannot say no to anything.

+5 HS
TheShookster's picture

My god that jersey is not flattering. They always say stripes make you look bigger, apparently reptile scales do the same.

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

LOL Shook - Don't know if there is anything that can make Jared look thinner, other than loosing about half his body weight.

cajunbuckeye's picture

+9 HS
USMC11917's picture

Wahh Iss Gah-Zeerah!

MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

Lorenzon ... I wanna do you

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Jared needs to talk to this guy.

kareemabduljacobb's picture

He's still a million times better than One Direction on his worst day.

+4 HS

Haha so true, T.Smith easily > 1D

+2 HS
Buckataltitude's picture

I watched the last quarter of the game. Troy is my favorite, but he was a bit off today. The receivers didn't help either. He avoided plenty of sacks. Looked very mobile. His throws were lacking some touch. Arm strength was still plenty. I did see about 4 dropped balls. I still hold hope he will improve to the glory days.

+1 HS
Rjpfish2's picture

I watched a bit too. It looked like he's developing some nice chemistry with Chad Johnson. It also seemed like their o-line was pretty porous and Troy just wasn't pulling the trigger fast enough.

On a side note, I find Canadian Football much more entertaining than soccer.  I'll root for the USA in anything, but I think I'd rather watch Wimbeldon than World Cup.

+1 HS
Buckataltitude's picture

I completely agree with your take on Troy, the oline, watching Wimbledon than world cup, and cheering for USA regardless of sport.

+1 HS

Troy Smith is the greatest QB in the history of OSU's storied program.

That's something that may get under your skin, Aciddropper, I mean Hatedropper, I mean Bassdropper.

+1 HS
livinthedream's picture

Greatest QB in OSU history?  While you didn't 'get under MY skin' I have to respectfully disagree.  OK he may be the only OSU QB to win a Heisman but to put his whole career over the likes of Schlister, Germaine, Hoying, Greene, Tomczak even the oft hate Pryor is unfair to them.  Now if you want to compare to Bauserman, Boekman and Herbstreit now that's a different subject.

Bleacher report has this interesting story:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/415748-top-ten-greatest-buckeye-quarterbacks

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Son of a bitch. This thread... 

+1 HS