Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

New Stadium Entrance in 2014?

jmacaulay17's picture
June 23, 2014 at 10:20am
42 Comments

Just thought I would start a little off-season discussion! I was thinking of stadium entrances a few days ago and Clemson's really stuck out to me. With the new players tunnel being part of the renovation--do you see mixing up the pre-game entrance at all? Now that the players will come in directly below some of the fans and also it looks like the ramp will be much wider than before--I think there are some cool things we could do. While I have never hated our entrance, I do think it is quite boring compared to a lot of other schools. 

That being said, it is September 6th and a little before we 8 PM--the first game in the Shoe with the new seating/lights. We now have a more enclosed, loud venue. The team is about to take the field.....how would you like to see them enter? Whether it's a new song, the addition of something like smoke, more fireworks, fan involvement, etc.

Here are a few of my favorites:

While I was looking up the links for these videos, I came across a high school entrance. Obviously not something we are going to do, but it was very different and creative so I thought I would share it with you guys.

AeroBuckeye2001's picture

Whether it's a new song, the addition of something like smoke, more fireworks, fan involvement, etc.

Please no.

When I had seats by the old tunnel, I'd get fired up just hearing the team slam on the doors as they exited. No goofy theatrics, please. 

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Are you also against TD celebrations?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+8 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

AND FREEDOM?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

This is awesome. This guy is my hero.

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

But, but...there's a bouncy house, and choreographed dancing!

toad1204's picture

I'd seriously like to see an "I believe" ala the American Outlawz with like a minute to go.  

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

HotSauceCommittee's picture

Instead of the American Outlawz how about the New Age Outlaws. Road Dawg Jesse James could be our hype man!

+2 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

The Moanalua entrance might be the cheesiest thing I've ever seen in football.  No choreography please.  

It's on the same level as Josh Reddicks Walk-Up Music.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+4 HS
tommrkr's picture

i'm just glad that's not a pink tunnel.

+4 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

Moanalua High School went 3-6 last season. If they spent less time on practicing their entrance to the field and more on improving their play on the field, I'd be less opposed. 

+1 HS
MikeNugents BigToe's picture

Everyone in the stands gets super quiet. TBDBITL starts playing Buckeye Swag as the team fills the tunnel. Everyone starts going bonkers, then coach Mick comes out after the band stops playing and somebody in the stadium rings the victory bell 3 times. Then coach leads them in the hive as they run on to the field. And throw some fireworks for night games.

"Remember that 55 yarder against Marshall?" -Not Mike Nugent

+3 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Va Techs is cool, but it's cool because of the Song.  South Carolinas wasn't nothing more than a clip show and the old ball coach.  I don't know what Colorado was going for, but it's cool because they have a buffalo.  I'd be ok with turning the lights out/down for the night games, but really don't want to see a big choreographed mess that has nothing to do with the Buckeyes

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I still think they ought to play the SMURFS theme song when our opponent enters !!

+6 HS
45OH4IO's picture

I just want 7 Nation Army to die. It has reached Ole Yeller levels of oldness. Take 'im out back Timmy.

+6 HS
CC's picture

The Howard's rock thing is cool, but the bus ride is just dumb.

+8 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Can I upvote more than once!!!

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

buckskin's picture

I've got a great idea. The team should run out on the field with cheering fans while the band is playing. #revolutionary

+4 HS
CC's picture

Right after the band spelled something in script.

I've been to big time night games at USC, PSU, Miami, Florida and others.

Nothing compares to a big time night game at the Shoe, nothing.

Jordan Wagner's picture

I did hear a little while back that there would be a new pre-game entrance this year. No details. 

Earle's picture

No love for the Arkansas entrance?

Italics are for emphasis.

+25 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

The first part of this fall is simply great. The little extra flop in part 2 makes it a classic.

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Break dancing, Bert style!  Or just broken Bert.

Go Bucks!

FROMTHE18's picture

Well, firstly, stadium entrances don't win titles. Secondly, the only adjustment I'd make is that there is less of a 'waiting' period with the team on the field. Just come out of the tunnel and go. 

averagejoel419's picture

Imagine the recruits lining up to sign with us because of our sweet entrance. oh and those alternate uni's

see how the mass of men worry themselves into nameless graves while here and there a great unselfish soul forgets himself into immortality

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I actually think the Clemson entrance is dangerous.  How they've avoided a blown knee or ankle is beyond me.

+4 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Ive often wondered that as well,if one guy in front falls it'd turn into a snowball effect

UFM_Renewal

Chief B1G Dump's picture

All time blooper reel material right there...

I'm going to see if I can hire a bag man to bribe one of the front players to purposely take a tumble and watch as Benny Hill type hilarity ensues.

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

Especially with the Jordan's choosing to jump off that last ledge.

teddyballgame's picture

Hopefully nothing too crazy.  We already have tradition...don't need gimmicks.

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Kerry Coombs, landing on the 50 with the help of a jetpack, and then pointing to the sky as lightning strikes and then team charges the field.

GoBucks713's picture

He doesn't need a JetPack. Just give the man a 6 pack of red bull.

-The Aristocrats!

+2 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Winner!

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

d1145fresh's picture

I'll be interested to see if the (now) narrower gap between the two portions of the stands will have a full tarp cover on top of it or not. I hope that it does and will be pitch black for the opposing team to walk down (or as dark as possible) until they come out to 100k streaming and jumping around to TBDBITL.

kgratz's picture

The Hive

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
CC's picture

That should be our standard entrance to every game.

+5 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Yeah even when we don't play TSUN. Just bring out our own flag to tear down :)

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Man - this never gets old

+3 HS
airbuckeye's picture

Thanks Seattle know i wave that song playing in my head. It was bad enough i had to watch that every Staurday Morning with my son over McD

McD"s Breakfest that was is time and that song stuck with me for days LOL but i would'nt have changed it for the world.

BigZ's picture

Please just get rid of 7 Nation Army, please! It was ok for a season or so, but it is just sooo played out. Just have the band play with some highlights on the screen, shoot off some fireworks, and take the field.