Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Barajas flips fron PSU

allinosu's picture
May 31, 2014 at 5:50am
15 Comments

I think more flips are in the future of PSU when the Franklin effect wears off. Let us hope most stay in the BIG. I also think at regular seasons end and PSU recruits watch other teams in bowl games not far from signing day, some might rethink.

Hovenaut's picture

Just want to include a link to a write-up on the news from PennLive (via The Harrisburg Patriot-News):

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/05/updated_penn...

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Recruiting is good for the conference and all that, but it would be kind of funny to see a mini-Rutgers situation in Happy Valley, just to knock them back down a few pegs.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
BroJim's picture

I think PSU's class will take a hit when the losses start coming in. The playing time pitch can only go so far.

I season my simple food with hunger

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed I think it's only a matter of time until recruits realize the novelty wears off.

+2 HS
bukyze's picture

I would've much rather him have stayed at PSU instead of going to the second worst school in the world.  I'm glad PSU is having their success.  The B1G needs it desperately.  Just like Urbz says, you can't be afraid of competition.

+2 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Exactly. Until the perception of the conference gets better, every team in the B1G will have an uphill battle to make the playoffs as a one loss team. I'd rather Wisconsin, PSU, MSU, Nebraska, and ttun all return to consistent top 25 teams. If we can't beat them in the regular season when they are good or great, then we aren't good or great enough to survive the playoff. 

Read my entire screen name....

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

still have a pretty awesome collection of talent at this point. I would expect others to begin to question their early commit to PSU as the season progresses/the excitement wears off and reality sets in. But for now, this is just a prick rather than a sledgehammer. Id like a flip from PSU to OSU, but thats wishful thinking.

teddyballgame's picture

So theres still a chance we can get Wimbush? 

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Rather have Waller or Gibson.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

MacG91's picture

When Barajas flipped, there was a PSU fan on twitter that was tweeting at him saying that if he stayed at PSU he would have a chance to win a NC in the next 2 years or less and had a better chance than Notre Dame. Then he started to cuss him out. Classes and delusional. 

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Dude should be wearing this pair of rose colored glasses 

+2 HS

if he stayed at PSU he would have a chance to win a NC in the next 2 years or less

Less? They won't be in a bowl game a year from now. :/

Classes and delusional. 

Nothing new.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

MacG91's picture

I didn't make that up, that is what he said..

Mac..yeah

I thought it was clear that's who I was directing it towards.

jBarnes's picture
/italics

/Italics

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”  ― Douglas Adams