Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Devin Smith B1G Runner-Up in the High Jump (7'-1/4")

ScarletGrayFire's picture
May 29, 2014 at 11:58pm
13 Comments

Devin Smith put in a top five all-time performance for Ohio State in the high jump with his runner-up finish at the Big Ten Championships a little over a week ago, CantonRep reports. Smith cleared 7-0.25 in the high jump.

Smith was also the State Champion in the long jump and 100m his senior year of high school, and cleared 7-0.25 in the high jump that same year.  Videos:

High jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ts0xWN0v8

100m: http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/238841-OHSAA-Ohio-Outdoor-Track-Field-Championships-2011/video/494457-B-100-D1-FINAL

mtrotb's picture

Good to see these guys play other sports as well since they are great athletes.

mtrotb

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Devin Smith put in a top five all-time performance for Ohio State

Wish he would do that on the football field.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

brandonbauer87's picture

It doesn't take hands to jump high. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Mad skills all around - great job Devin

MassiveAttack's picture

Mighty impressive height to clear.  Though I am surprised 4 years later that he didn't clear a higher height.

Groveport Heisman's picture

?....How high?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Buckeye Knight's picture

LOL, I can't imagine what you had to search for and then dig through to find THAT pic.

+3 HS

LOL my wife kept peeking out the corner of her eye trying  to sneak a glance of the screen.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

I love seeing great multi-sport athletes!  Congrats Devin!

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

We all know dude has exceptional speed, once he gets in the clear. You can tell he's a track star.

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

This is why I like wide receivers who can jump.

+3 HS

One of the best plays ever. But tune in to Espin and they blow it off for this...Clowns

+2 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Where's the defense, Bert?!

+1 HS