Sandusky's boys gonna hate...
Agreed. Hale (6'4" 310) has 499 snaps in 29 games slamming in the B1G trenches. Sounds like they are figuring out a way to fit the best 5 together.
Decker - Price - Elflein - Hale - Baldwin
Might work out well.
The flexibility that our offensive talent gives us is incredible:
- Speed package: Dontre, Jalin, Devin, Johnny, Curtis, and Barrett (Zeke, James, Terry, Corey, Parris, etc.)
- Jumbo package: Greene, Thomas, Spencer, Heuerman, Vannett, and Jones (Zeke, Noah, Rod, Warren, etc.)
We can be INCREDIBLY fast, INCREDIBLY powerful, or any combination thereof... This really will be a coaching chess game, because the wealth of skill talent and diversity of scheme possibilities is simply ridiculous.
Interesting SI article about Krenzel here: http://sportsillustrated.ca/vault/article/magazine/MAG1029307/2/index.htm
"[His high school coach] took [Krenzel's 4-minute highlight] video to Central Michigan assistant Tom Kearly, who watched one minute and told Copacia, "Coach, he can play for us right now and play four years." Satisfied, Copacia sent the tape to 30 colleges and gave a copy to Brian Krenzel, who showed it to Duke assistant and former NFL guard Joe DeLamielleure. "He was one of the best high school players I'd ever seen," DeLamielleure says. "He was hitting players in the chest, and they were dropping everything. I remember saying, 'He'll go to Texas or Colorado or Michigan or somewhere like that.' " Quoted from the above-linked article.
I always thought the above quote was interesting, and suggests that the offensive scheme in those early Tressel years limited Krenzel's development as a passer. But when the money was on the table - nuff said.
Another incredible highlight burst by Parris Campbell:
More support for your statement:
Spring Game wish list:
- Cardale fires the ball like nobody's business; has miscues but shows high ceiling. Collier with OK reps.
- WR's are everywhere! Catches by: #2, #3, #1, #4, #84, #9, #82, #89, #33
- Elliott, Dunn, and Ball are all rock solid. Samuel flashes greatness, offset by mistakes
- Joel Hale surprises with the best performance amongst the offensive lineman; Price also shines.
- Darryl Baldwin shows a mean streak and physicality heretofore unbeknownst; Decker is solid.
- Vannett and Baugh combine for 9 catches, 100+yds and a touchdown. JT Moore gets his first catch.
- DL = most valuable unit. Spence, Bosa, Washington, Bennett, Schutt, Carter, Miller, Lewis, Sprinkle, Hill...
- Grant shines, Raekwon is a manchild, Perry is the leader, Lee & Worley show potential.
- CB competition is fierce! Reeves, Conley and Apple go at it, and all show better skills and aggression.
- Tanner makes good plays, but Powell and Burroughs show they are clearly the best 2 healthy safeties.
- Johnston continues to show that he is one of the top punters in college football.
- Kyle Clinton continues to lead the battle at K.
LOL, just having a little fun with some of these. Rooting for the dark horses just to further motivate the marquee players. If Nuernberger has to work his butt off like a challenger instead of holding the leader position, he might just progress a little more. It would be great to see Hale, Baldwin, and Grant play with the desperation of upperclassmen getting their final shot at glory. Billy Price, Evan Lisle, and Kyle Dodson being serious challengers on the offensive line would be huge for both the short and long term outlook.
Perry was ranked as the number 9 OLB by Scout, and number 11 by Rivals. Also worth noting, Devin Smith and Perry went 1-2 in the State long jump in 2010, and he has a personal best jump of 23 feet!
Can anyone explain why we would shoot the ball with that much time left on the clock, instead of doing the smart thing, LIKE DAYTON DID???
Definitely take a look at Yellow Springs.
This kid is a natural. What a pure motion.
IMHO, the Duke Flop (aka Battier Flop) is absolutely the worst basketball move in the game.
Taj Mahal, which then moved a few doors north. Loved me some of that vindaloo and tikka masala!
Your thoughtful and eloquently stated meditations will be carefully considered in preparation for the competition on 3 January, Savage Tiger, oh wise one...
Another angle of Oden's Spiderman move. Lighty's face and the the bench are priceless!
Can't wait to see the Wondrous Stories the Buckeyes have in store for us Roundabout 8 PM tomorrow! I'm confident we can prove how Fragile the Wisky defense is, and go all Starship Trooper on dat a$$!
V: LOOK ME RIGHT IN THE EYES!
J: Yes, sir
V: PLAYS LIKE THAT ARE WHAT GOT YOU HERE! YOU JUST GOT SOME!
J: Yes, sir
V: GET SOME MORE!!! GET SOME MORE!!! GET SOME MORE!!! (then mumbles something about violent hands...
Michigan. I want them undefeated when we beat them. Admittedly, this does not take recruiting into consideration, but I would prefer to have us finish 1-2, after we beat Notre Dame in the final bowl game. Go Midwest, go B1G.
You mean Mickey Marotti : )
I hope Marcus, Perkins, and Williams are going through similar transformations right now!
Hats off to Ed Warriner, who is one of the best in the game.