Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Ty Isaac to transfer from USC

TheBadOwl's picture
May 14, 2014 at 12:43pm
26 Comments

I know we're loaded at running back, but Urban was going really hard after this guy in the 2013 class. He's from the Chicago area and wants to be closer to home. His highlight tape was insane, and he's a big running back (6'3 220+).

Wonder if Urban tries to get Isaac into the fold here. Not that running back is a huge priority but it never hurts to add talent.

Here are his high school highlights:

Groveport Heisman's picture

I'd put money *ichigan and MSU will go hard for the kid. Hopefully we will too.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

IIRC his final two were Notre Dame and USC, but I think he could definitely look into B1G schools if he wants to stay closer to home. I'd also look out for schools like Mizzou, it's not that far away from Illinois.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
kholmes's picture

The timing doesnt work great as taking him may hurt your standing with 2015 kids that havent decided yet. Isaac will want to be on a campus for start of fall practice but i dont think guys like Damien Harris or Mike Weber will have decided by then. If Isaac comes to a school, i think its safe to say it will hurt that school's chances with Harris/Weber. I think consensus at the time was that ND/Mich were the next two for him in some order but that probably doesnt mean that much given its a long time ago. My uninformed guess would be he ends up at ND.

As for OSU, depth chart probably wouldnt look great to him as there would be two solid RB's (Elliott/Dunn) in class ahead of him (since he would sit out this year). Probably similar for Michigan with Green/Smith. 

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Well hey, if he was between ND, USC and Michigan, I think it's safe to say that academics are a pretty big part of his decision. And he's from Illinois, and wants to stay closer to home.

So... Northwestern, maybe?

Kind of funny considering that Kyle Prater transferred there from USC after being a 5* in high school. He hasn't made any impact yet, though.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Kid was a 5* top 40 National recruit.Think he played against California and had 92 yards on 11 carries.Kind of reminds me of a Rod Smith with his height and size.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

southbay's picture

Funny you should say that, I remember going to the OSU at Cal game last September and hoping to see Rod get something like 92 yards on 11 carries, but he didn't get diddly.  

Katzfan's picture

Or Eddie George... :)

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got nine guys who better go do it again. Do it a little harder next time." -- Urban Frank Meyer  -- I LOVE THIS DUDE!! :)

labuck's picture

NW or ND.  If he wants to play this year, he will need to play very close to home.  I believe there is a transfer rule that allows kids to transfer close to home for family reasons and they do not need to sit out.  I could be wrong though.

+1 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Has to be for a VERY good reason...ie father/mother on death bed. It's pretty rare that the NCAA allows this.

kholmes's picture

MSU would make some logical sense. Langford is a senior so he wouldnt still be there when Isaac is eligible. While Isaac was never high on them before, MSU is much higher profile right now than it was during his recruitment so maybe they could factor in this time around.

+2 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

MSU also draws heavily from Chicago and isn't too far. Makes sense. 

hit_the_couch's picture

For me, closer to home would mean NW or the Illini.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

kholmes's picture

ND is marginally closer to Joliet than Illinois is. All 3 (NW, ND, Ill) within 2 hr drive.

+2 HS

Pretty sure ND is loaded with highly overrated RB's already.

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture
+2 HS
KeithMC33's picture

I know they have been terrible lately, but the Illini are a good choice for him. Obviously he has the talent to go to a better program, but won't he be a Junior when he can finally take the field? i doubt he will have much competition, so he may be able to parlay that into a solid 2 years and get drafted. 

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Pretty sure he'll have three remaining years of eligibility after sitting out a year.

-1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

He's going to Penn state..that's my sarcasm voice..

Bucki78's picture

Sarcasm or not, I'm taking those words outta your mouth!!!

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer

+4 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

That may be the worst most awesome gif ever.

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Isaac was banged up his senior year and the word on him from people around Joliet was that he was a little soft. If you watch his high school highlights, they're predominantly one-cut-beat-the-D-to-the-end-zone types of dashes.

otrain2416's picture

Hopefully he goes to Illinois or NW our conference could use that kind of talent.

DenBuck's picture

Go to MSU, we'll take LJ.

Buckeye For Life

+2 HS
kholmes's picture

Chicago Tribune reporting that USC is grating Isaac the release but will not allow him to transfer to ND since they are on USC's schedule this year. 

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Good. ND sucks.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

RunEddieRun1983's picture

If he's looking to stay close to home you'd have to imagine at the very least a B1G team is in the driver's seat.  Maybe Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, scUM, Iowa?

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.