Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Jamal Marcus

seafus26's picture
May 2, 2014 at 10:33pm
13 Comments

Does anyone know what's going on with pass rusher Jamal Marcus? I haven't heard his name in quite awhile. This seems odd for a guy that was showing some real flashes late last year. I was thinking that after reading about how Rod Smith has seemingly fell off the earth too.

kicks's picture

Both are dealing with academic issues.

Byaaaahhh's picture

I don't think hearing nothing is terrible, though obviously hearing that he's tearing it up would be better. I think people have been saying that he's a solid presence in the rotation, but not enough to break into the starting line. Nothing to worry about imo. 

TheVictoryBell45's picture

He needs to get his academics in order so he can be full go in fall camp. He has a big opportunity  early in the season with Spence being suspended. He adds a lot to the defense with his explosiveness. 

otrain2416's picture

Sounds like he is just getting buried in the depth chart. Tyquan Lewis had a monster spring and Frazier played well too. I imagine Steve Miller isn't going to go down without a fight for his senior year either. 

+1 HS
seafus26's picture

Thanks. I was impressed with his pass rushing explosiveness he brought last year.  I figured he'd see time at least in passing downs. I've tried to forget losing to crummy clemson, but I thought I remembered him filling in better than expected, as a bright spot.

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

TheVictoryBell45's picture

Its purely academics. He isn't getting passed on the depth chart. He is one of our best playmakers on defense. Once he gets the books worked out he is going to see the field a lot. He looked better than Spence at times last season. 

+2 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Completely agree. I thought he was quicker and more disruptive than Spence last year. 

Urban Nation Army's picture

His academics aren't too big of an issue for him to not be at JO South (student gym) playing basketball, so hopefully he will be back to full participation displaying the abilities he showed flashes of in the Orange Bowl soon.

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

We need both of them to contribute "Big Time" this year.

Get your classroom work done first young men then you can be on TV on Saturday's

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

The depth is very refreshing on the DL, it will be fun to watch!

Gooz-fra-bah...

crusher's picture

If Marcus has his academics in order before fall he will be starting opposite of Bosa for the first 2 games. I'm sure Tyquan could eventually be a major player on the D-line but Marcus is battle tested and has shown when given the chance he deserves to be on the field.

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men

hit_the_couch's picture

It was said that Rod Smith has a heavy course load right now.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

seafus26's picture

Is that the nice way of saying he's struggling.?I think Krenzel and Robert Smith regularly had heavy course loads.

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

-1 HS