Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

The Four Drills Carlos Hyde is Using to Increase His 40 Time

Jason Priestas's picture
April 2, 2014 at 12:42pm
2 Comments

Fun look at the four drills Carlos Hyde is working on to improve his 40. He said he was "devastated" when he clocked the 4.66 at the NFL combine.

3. BELT SPRINTS

Once out of the blocks, “from the 10 to the 20 is key,” Hyde says. The goal is to retain as much of the forward body lean from the start as possible while thrusting arms and legs forward aggressively. To hone those moves, Hyde practices by pulling against a fixed object while maintaining proper form. Six sets of 30 seconds each. 

Seattle Linga's picture

I like Carlos' determination to get better everyday. Always room for improvement.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

A lot of recruits wait to run the 40 so they can lose significant weight and I have to wonder if the same thing is going on with Carlos. Some position groups can get away with actually gaining weight and strength after the season and only doing certain drills then right after the combine try to shed that weight so they will be lighter during running and agility drills. I would have thought this scenario would have benefited Shazier a lot more because of his weight being a negative before the combine. No matter what our eyes didnt lie and Hyde is one of the best backs on the planet.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne