Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

buckeyeboy31's picture

fast, but he didn't stay set for 3 seconds haha 

+2 HS
SilverState's picture

Pretty darn fast. Really looking forward to watching RDS in the league.

btw...is there a way to embed Instagram?

The Rill Dill's picture

I've always said that he'd be a better safety than a linebacker.

-1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I don't know at 237 lbs. He is a bit heavy for a safety if you ask me. I just think he is a really fast linebacker that fits as more of a 3-4 ILB than a true Mike or OLB. Derrick Johnson for my KC chiefs is 6'3'' 240. Shaz is not much different, just so much faster!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

hit_the_couch's picture

Taylor Mays from USC was a safety and measured 230 ish at the combine. It's possible he could play it.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Squirrel Master's picture

yeah and Taylor Mays was out of shape and overweight when he weighted in at the combine, and he still hasn't performed very well in the pros either, so I wouldn't say he is your best example.

The way the NFL has been going, I say Shazier fits at linebacker so much more now. 5 years ago, I think he would be a better safety but today he is an NFL DC dream covering sideline to sideline as a 3 down linebacker!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

He doesn't have the ball skills to play S. 

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Hand timed the video.  Definitely no worse than 4.45.  He is an athletic freak.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

BassDropper's picture

Ryan may have just entered the top 15. 4.36, which is probably an official 4.43 or somewhere in that range, is better than most WRs, and better than 75% of the RBs. Shazier has superstar potential if he lands in a big market. Regardless, he will be a great player in the league - I think he will be the best Buckeye LBer in the pro's (and that says a lot).

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Still think he got fat?

KBonay's picture

what about his gut?

+2 HS
shaggybuckeye's picture

I've heard of your gut being called table muscle before, but I think RDS took it a little too literally!

mrspray's picture

He's too fast for Braxton to keep the camera on him...