Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

How do you get season tix?

UCBuckeye's picture
March 5, 2014 at 12:50pm
19 Comments

This is probably a really stupid question, so guys please be easy on me…but how do you acquire Ohio State season tickets? I am fresh out of college and am wanting to spend my hard-earned money on supporting my Buckeyes! I would rather go thru the school than TicketMaster or StubHub, but am open to any suggestions.

I've read some initial information on it, such as joining the Buckeye Club, etc. But I was hoping that someone who has been thru the process can put it in layman's terms for me.

Thanks for your help 11w!

Oyster's picture

Taking out a 2nd Mortgage usually works, but since you are fresh out of college I'm guessing that option is out...

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

Join the Alumni Club, Donate (I think 2K gets you the season for 2), pay for the tickets again. 

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

Doc's picture

The Buckeye Club is how I get mine.  Here is a link http://buckeyeclub.org/index.php  As a recent grad there is a "New Grad" level.  give then a call.

"Say my name."

hit_the_couch's picture

The stars and planets have to be aligned and the wind just right. Strong muscles are also required to lift the heavy amount of fresh bills.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I know there are all sorts of "benefits" the university receives if you purchase tickets directly from them via BuckeyeClub (donations) and the like. I generally attend 4-6 home games a year and never eclipse the $1,500 donation level it takes to secure the opportunity to spend another $1,200+ on the tickets themselves (2 tickets in 2013 cost $1,168 without premium game pricing I believe)

-1 HS
UCBuckeye's picture

So where do you get your tickets from?

osu07asu10's picture

I'm somewhat unique in that I am a former employee so I still know quite a few folks with tickets and I also live in Victorian Village so I can scalp tickets pretty easy that way too.

However, if you do the $1,500 donation and the $1,200 ticket purchase that is approximately $170 per ticket. Rarely will you exceed $170 per ticket on stubhub (scUM game excluded) and you can pick which ones you want to attend a la cart. Last year, our cupcake scheduled allowed me to nab a few tickets under face value.

-1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

What Doc said. I finally took the plunge and have joined and purchased mine this year. Perhaps as a fellow season ticket newb we'll be sitting next to each other. The password is "Basement". If the guy next to you says it, it's me.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Every person I sit next to this upcoming season I am going to turn to them and sternly but quietly say, "basement" and wait for their reaction...

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Joining Buckeye Club is tax-deductible if that helps sway your opinion. It didn't help convince my fiancé, but it's worth ashot. 

AeroBuckeye2001's picture

You join either the Buckeye Club or President's Club which both require a donation to be made for the privilege of purchasing 2 tickets. Minimum donation is $1,500 and seating is based on your donor points. So basically, the more you give, the better your seat assignment will be (and you get other benefits too for your $, like parking permits). The donation goes directly to either the Athletic Department (Buckeye Club) or to various programs throughout the University (Presidents Club). Of course, it is also tax-deductible. 

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering

4cardpoker's picture

People are always selling them on Craigslist...

d1145fresh's picture

You must not be an 11w's premium member... free tickets all around.

Really though I went to the most games I've ever been to last season (also my first living in Columbus so that helped) but I mainly got tickets through Craigslist or just scalping them when I was down there. However, if you are really wanting to support the school then do as the others in the thread have stated.

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I love going to the games, but ..... and this might be blasphemous on this site .... but.. ... I usually only go to 2 games-ish per year.  I'll try to go to a night game with my wife for the big game atmosphere which I absolutely love.  I'll take my son or daughter to a lower-tier game early in the year when the weather is good and the crowd is a little more tame.  Other than that, the TV coverage is just too good to justify going all the time and spending all that money.  If I lived in Columbus it might be different but I live about 2 hours or so away from campus so it's an all day endeavor to go to a game .....hard to do with kids.

+1 HS
niblick's picture

ZERO reason to buy season tickets unless you have so much money you just want to donate through the buckeye club, or you just want to say "hey, I have season tickets! I'm cool".

I haven't missed a single big game in 10+ years, I've never sat higher than A deck for any big game.  There are always people selling tickets to any game you'll ever want to go to.  Why pay $1500'ish just so you can then pay for the tickets for another $1200'ish, when 5-6 out of the 8 games absolutely suck?  There's only TWO home games all year long worth going to, Va tech and Michigan.  I'll buy 2 tickets in A or AA deck for both of those games for 1/2 of what I'd pay for season tix,

-3 HS
OSUpawn's picture

I want to be cool

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
AeroBuckeye2001's picture

This sort of attitude really pisses me off. People donate to the University for many reasons. I donate because I'm a graduate, have the means to do so, and really want to make OSU better. You do understand that OSU is better because of people who donate to the athletic department and the various colleges. You do also understand that the athletic department is self-funded, and that we can afford outstanding facilities and coaching staffs because of generous donors. 

So, in essence, you're welcome. It is because of donors that you can enjoy watching such a great product on the field, at such a great venue. 

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering