Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Gold Pants

dc28's picture
February 26, 2014 at 11:53am
28 Comments

I was wondering if players who are redshirted, greyshirted, or medical redshirt get a pair of gold pants for beating Michigan? If so, what player in OSU history would have the most gold pants?

brandonbauer87's picture

I can't think of anyone recently with more than 5. Anyone from the 03 or 04 recruiting class could have had 6 if they stuck around 6 years. That could be the rarest thing for a Buckeye to have. That is the only stretch of 6 wins vs TTUN since the tradition started. 

OSUStu's picture

They could have more than six if they bought Pryor's.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+17 HS
Unky Buck's picture
+11 HS
OSUStu's picture

I thought maybe "too soon" but I went for it.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS
MichiganBuckeye222's picture

if Craft played Football for the buckeyes, he would have 10 by now, right?

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987.

www.septemberheisman.com

MacG91's picture

The only six year I can think of is Todd Boeckman but OSU lost to bitchigan in 03 so he'd only have five. 

Mac..yeah

Crumb's picture

What about Tyler Moeller? And for me it's still too soon... :( I still can't understand why anyone would wanna sell those unless they are destitute.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Bolt's picture

Those in a "greyshirt" year wouldn't be considered part of the roster to my understanding. Boeckman was six years removed from high school when he finished at OSU, but the grey shirt year is a year of prep school before enrolling at Ohio State. I think the only way you could be a 6 year is if you're granted a medical redshirt on top of a redshirt, which I don't think Todd actually received.

+1 HS
dc28's picture

Tyler Moeller, I heard they tried to retire his jersey but the only problem was they couldn't get him out of it. Didn't he play for like 7 years. He had what, redshirt season, medical redshirt (twice?) The man just loved being a Buckeye I guess.

Bolt's picture

You can only get one medical redshirt that I'm aware...and I doubt Tyler was intentionally getting assaulted and having brain trauma so he could get another redshirt year lol

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

I would get assaulted to be a part of the team lol

I'll let Urban knock my ass out on the 50...no problem

UFM_Renewal

+2 HS

you misspelled molested.

www.septemberheisman.com

dc28's picture

Bolt, I didn't mean it that way. It just seemed like he played for about 7 years. I knew he had medical issues but I still thought the rule was you get 5 years to play 4. In his case he had a medical redshirt which means he was there 6 years but I thought he was at OSU for 7 years

Bolt's picture

I know, I was just joking with ya...Tyler was there for 6 I'm pretty sure. Good dude, though. Lived next door to him for a year. Certainly not the type of guy that would go looking for trouble somewhere or run his mouth to get himself sucker punched.

+1 HS
BuckeyeLaw's picture

I would love to own a pair of the gold pants, but I would NOT be able to stop judging the player that sold them to me throughout the entire transaction. That should be a sin. 

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Theres a bunch of game used stuff on ebay from a "graduated SR. WR". Seller says he refuses to say who they are from and has removed all identifying info from them. Anyone that is interested enough to buy them knows who it is already...

Whoa Nellie's picture

<== As close as I'll get.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+4 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I thought Kirk Barton showed an image where he had 6 which means he probably had a redshirt year and medical redshirt year with his 4 years of playing. I don't think anyone has more unless you count a coach getting them (if they do).

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
2002osubuck's picture

I think Barton got a pair for coaching. I know lauranaitis has 4 from his picture holding them up. Thats pretty crazy, some of the best players ever from the 90s dont even have one. 

gumtape's picture

I know that redshirts, walk-ons, etc get them. I know a guy who walked on and played every year until 2011. His last game was the Sugar Bowl. He has 4 B1G rings and 5 pairs of gold pants.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

brandonbauer87's picture

Related question. If I were to attend OSU for 8 years, could I be an 8 year walk-on?

did we play in the sugar bowl?  

www.septemberheisman.com

buckguyfan1's picture

Here's to next years team getting a pair.  Cheers! 

niblick's picture

In a few weeks you can buy ray smalls

BoFuquel's picture

I went nine as a walk on, GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

meckwell's picture

Guys, there are people out there who can make you your own pair of gold pants, thus no guilt.  You just have to have to network your ass off to find them.

Paul