Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Wanna be Pantoni's assistant?

Mizzillion's picture
February 18, 2014 at 8:23am
13 Comments

According to this, Ohio State is seeking applicants.

BuckeyeLaw's picture

Could you even imagine? It would be a great gig but as with anything tOSU football, expectations would be high and I don't think that this job would come with much time for sleep. Famed '15.

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

This would require a ton of energy and a lot of hard work. You don't want to disappoint Pantoni but you definitely don't want to disappoint his boss.

FROMTHE18's picture

be a ton of work 

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Although it'd be cool to be around the team and the coaches, etc., this has to be a really miserable job in terms of compensation for hours worked.  Doesn't Pantoni make like $80k per year?  If that's true, his assistant isn't going to make more than half that right?  So you're going to make around $40k or so per year to work 100 hours a week in a super high stress environment where you're too tired to even enjoy being around the team?  Sounds awesome.

sharks's picture

That's the foot in the door. Urban didn't start at the top.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
bucknut94's picture

Snooze buttons are not allowed for those working  under Myer.

Oyster's picture

Would that entitle me to preferred student seating without having to wait in line?

(Big Nut wants to know, but is afraid to ask)

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I thought it was odd that the candidate must have 1 year coaching experience - that is one way of weeding out everyone plus - if your willing to run with the big boys - you're gonna have to learn how to walk first.

BuckeyeJosh's picture

NCAA 14 counts, right?

"Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it."     -Woody Hayes

+1 HS
bucknut94's picture

I was the coordinator of midget football for two years. Does that count?