Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

I know National Signing Day Is Coming Up...

0 HS
305Buck's picture
February 2, 2015 at 8:27pm
5 Comments

But I've been looking at the list of 2015 basketball commits, and the players we have returning next season, and I honestly don't think the basketball team will have any weaknesses next season.

PG- Russell, Harris, Lyle (if need be)
SG- Lyle, Williams, Grandstaff, Russell (if need be)
F- Tate, Bates-Diop, Mitchell
F- Giddens, Loving
C- Thompson, Bell

Thad Matta's teams always play solid defense so that's not a problem, the difference on defense will be having Giddens, Thompson and Bell, guys who are enforcers down low to stop the easy drive and layups and can rebound, limiting second possession chances. The team is full of shooters, has guys who can handle the ball, and has guys who can create shots on their own. I don't see any weaknesses on the team honestly. I'm hoping Matta uses two bigs in the starting lineup, would be nice to see that allowing Loving to continue to come off the bench.

I'm also expecting Russell to come back so that he can cash in on even more money once the new NBA TV deal kicks in next year. I'm sure someone already mentioned this, but the NBA salary cap jumps 24-25 million dollars starting in the 2016-2017 year, allowing Russell and others to sign even bigger contracts if they come out of next years draft, same reason Lebron only signed a 2 year deal with Cleveland.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments