Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Bball team missing Craft's intensity and effort

0 HS
4cardpoker's picture
December 30, 2014 at 5:08pm
15 Comments

I was at the game today and was surprised by the lack of effort by the team on defense and rebounding.  I saw a post after the game describing how rebounding is mostly about effort.  The team looked like they were sleepwalking through the game.  

It got me thinking about how much the team relied on the effort and intensity of Aaon Craft to set the tone on defense in the past.  Players would feed off his defensive play and it seemed to become contagious.  Alsoit seemed everyone would play harder because that's the standard he set from the beginning as a freshman.  Now that he's gone I don't see anyone consistently stepping up and demanding that same level of effort on defense or on the boards.  

We have a bunch of seniors and no one is holding each other accountable or leading by example.  I realize players like Craft are rare and don't come along often.  I just would've hoped some of his habits and work ethic on the defensive end would've rubbed off a little on the players that played alongside him so long

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments