Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Amir in a nutshell? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Josh P's picture
March 24, 2014 at 10:24am
25 Comments

*effort*

Buckataltitude's picture

I haven't laughed that hard at a picture for awhile.

+4 HS
ajbosu1's picture

It looks as if he is asking the bench if he can come out and the Flyer got in his way.

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Maybe he thought that putting his hand up, the guy from Dayton would've seen it in his peripheral vision and it would've messed him up.

I'd say even the staunchest of Amir defenders couldn't defend this, but I don't think Amir defenders exist.

Class of 2010.

Squirrel Master's picture

its 5 days later, can we get over it. He sucks, we know!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

No sir, we cannot get over it...this is The Ohio State University....we don't get over anything for at least 2 years

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Buckeye Chuck's picture

I've seen this picture in a few places now, but without context, it doesn't tell you much.

The most "loud mouth, disrespect" poster on 11W.

+4 HS
Josh P's picture

It's pretty clear that the play is dead based on the other OSU players reaction and the refs position.  I'm not of the opinion that fun things should be ruined by logic and facts though.    

+9 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

People are angry, logic and facts get in the way!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
Oakland Buckeye's picture

Would disagree - action is in motion, this defines Amir's biggest problem, laziness & not playing to the whistle

Buckeyevstheworld's picture
Ohio State from the FT, and 3pt lines in a nutshell:

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+15 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Thank you! Even the best centers need guys around him who can shoot. best example, Greg Oden in the Natty!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Did you have to bring up THAT GAME??

//crawls to corner and cries

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture
best example, Greg Oden in the Natty!

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

This pile also may have been a result of Bender not feeling well or being terrified...

tennbuckeye19's picture

Almost looks like he's standing there waiting to give the guy a high five after he makes his shot...

+1 HS
bigDbuck's picture

Could have been asking to sub out?

+1 HS
Zimmy07's picture

To me it looks like he's raising his hand because he hacked the guy.

omahabeef1337's picture

I think people are misdirecting their frustration here. I love Matta and don't want him going anywhere, but it is the coaches' job to evaluate, attract, and develop talent.

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

Develop Talent - meaning shots from behind the arc to take the pressure off the guys in the paint. 

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

It's interesting. Amir was a McDonald's AA so I would've liked to have seen his game back then to see what everyone saw in him. As far as developing players, I'm not sure you can develop a kid who doesn't even look interested in the game. By this point, he is what he is. Sad, but true. 

+2 HS
omahabeef1337's picture

We only see a sliver of the time these kids put into their sport, so we can't say that for a fact.

But, either way: evaluating how well a kid takes coaching is part of the "talent evaluation" portion of the coaches' job. Again, I'm not calling for Matta's firing by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just saying that I hate to see people making fun of kids who put a ton of time into a sport while not being compensated fairly. What these kids do -- work a full time job (and then some) as an athlete while keeping up grades -- is tough, and we don't know what else is going on in these kids' lives. Don't be so quick to pass judgment, especially on the players.

tennbuckeye19's picture

I agree. I'm not sure how well I would handle being a student-athlete. It was hard enough for me to just be a student.

And I wasn't trying to dog on Amir. I've been a big defender of him and have been hopeful the lightbulb would go off for the kid. But to me he just looks disinterested. I haven't called him lazy or anything else cause I don't think it's that, but I do question his drive and determination. Seems to be more psychological than physical, but I could be wrong.

bethmowins's picture

"Coach, over here! I need a breather!" -Amir

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

After seeing the thumbnail of this, I thought it was a group of guys making O-H-I-O with their arms

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

How did I get in this nutshell?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+3 HS