Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

well, I feel as if today saved me undo stress Sat.. or next Thursday

johnblairgobucks's picture
March 20, 2014 at 6:25pm
11 Comments

It sucks they lost today, but a loss was inevitable, imo.  OSU has won one title in the past 50+ years and it was going to take some serious magic to pull one in, this year.  The lack of a physical post player with average skills and the lack of decent perimeter shooting has been a known problem for this team since after the first 15 games.

I will miss Craft's defense next year, but it's time to turn the page.  The Buckeyes need to hit the weight room, as a whole program, and add some offensive talent, if they expect to fill the Schott while charging $25/30 a ticket.

Rode with the Buckeyes all year, and now it's over.  Nice try guys, most played as hard as they possibly could and at no point did they disrespect the university.

Go Bucks!

sorry to start a new OSU basketball thread, when there is a post Dayton game one up, but going through the 250+ comments on that thread had my computer bogged down..... it took me over 15 minutes to scroll through just half the comments, and just felt like talking some hoops.

My boss called me into work today to put in a 100 gallon water hearter in a Hampton Inn in Findlay, so I took a few breaks after noon to catch some Keels and Stokes call on the radio.  My work partner is a Wolverine Fan, I was able to listen to the last 26 seconds of the game...... yeah, it sucked.

+1 HS
Seabass1974's picture

It's all good man. I was all decked out in my Ohio State stuff at work. I watched the game on my cell phone almost the whole time. Someone asked me what was I going to do if Ohio State lost. I said I would go home. As soon as Craft missed his layup I packed up and walked out the door without a word. I know people saw me leave but not a single word was said.

With that being said I was wondering is there a max limit to how many can be subbed at one time or is it possible to do a hockey style line change?

I'm ready to talk about some things that would fix some of the problems we have but I'm not going to dwell on the problems themselves. What do you think would help change things or is this just one of those odd years where things tend to bounce the wrong way for us?

Wow, I re-read this and I see I'm kind of all over the place here.

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. - Woody Hayes

+1 HS

Ross, Amir, Della Valle, Loving and Thompson need some weight room work.  If Thompson doesn't want to hit the weights, so he doesn't loose his flexibility and hops, then he should spend that time practicing shooting jumpers and ft's.

OSU looked like their offensive play were simply passing the ball around the perimeter then find someone to shoot......honestly don't know what kind of offense can be run without having capable post play or consistent outside shot.  I didn't see many guys moving without the ball trying to get open, besides Della Valle's stints.   Amir should be able to run to the blocks and lift his arm above his head, and be instantly open, but it seems to be too much work for the kid.

Already looking forward to next year, to see if the team and coaches can get better.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

This is a odd year because we actually have a 12 year old boy playing center. Hopefully he can age ten years in the off season or we will find a replacement.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS

Amir playing like a 12 year old is a definite slap in the face to some 12 year olds I have seen play.  Seriously his baby play is probably just some cosmic ying/yang payback for the one year Oden played strong like a 30 year old grizzaled vet.

+1 HS
Norwalk's picture

It would have been a bad day for me too except I turned on Ohio State/Dayton after I listened to Norwalk win their D2 semi-final game. 

+2 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

It's days like this that make me wish I was a tree so squirrels would run all over me & tickle me with their little feet & be my friends & love me & great, ... now I'm crying.  

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+2 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

This was actually from someone's list of top ten tweets of 2013.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Sorry I didnt read I had to stop in the middle of all this and tie my shoe.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

So much potential - so little to show for the efforts