Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Going to miss Craft

DCBucki's picture
March 11, 2014 at 9:22am
12 Comments

I know he isn't a great scorer, but I don't think I have every seen anybody on ANY field or court play with more passion than Craft! Opposing players know that when they play Ohio State, they are in for a LONG night offensively! Like most Buckeye fans, my love is rooted in Buckeye Football, followed secondly by Buckeye Basketball. Craft just has the work ethic and hussle that you want out of yourself and your kids. I'm sure many coaches across the country have shown video of Craft defensively and him hustling to demonstrate how it SHOULD be done. He is the perfect example of what a coach wants out of a leader.  Not only is he a beast on the court, but he is equally gifted in the classroom! This kid the perfect example of what a Great Buckeye is!! No matter what happens the the B1G Tourny and the NCAA's, I'm going to soak in these last couple of games with this amazing Buckeye!! We have at LEAST 2 games left, but I'm hoping for a few more than that! He deserves to go out a winner!! Go Bucks!

The Rill Dill's picture

One of the best to ever lace em up at THE.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Hopefully a young PG will see the effort Craft has put out and commit to the good guys. Craft seems like a gift that would keep on giving. Ill take a Mike Conley replica any day.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

DCBucki's picture

I would love to have seen what Conley would've done had he stayed 4 years. He was a beast and improved a great deal throughout the season! With that being said, I've never seen anybody with the heart of Craft. He has a motor that just keeps on going. I don't think I've EVER seen him take a play off.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+1 HS
gobucks96's picture

Ahrrgghh, if it wasn't bad enough. You had to remind me about Conley not staying....

Loved watching Craft play the last twelve years at OSU..

mrspray's picture

I think what Matta or someone said about Conley was that he was a guy that everything clicked between the ears very early, so everything else was just pure talent. I think it was in comparison to Q when things kind of started to line up for him - even though I'd say sometimes he's not 100% there.

Mortc15's picture
My thoughts on not getting to see Craft play in the S&G after this year...

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

You don't know what you've got, til it's gone.

+1 HS
DCBucki's picture

I think we all know what the Buckeyes have in Craft... I think he takes the team to another level. I can't imagine what this team would've be like this year without him! Big shoes to fill next year!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

My Fathead nominee:

+1 HS
redfox's picture

It sure won't be the same without Craft as he probably won 3 or 4 games for us this year'

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

He gives more by himself than most teams combined. 

+1 HS
mrspray's picture

I wish there was a stat in basketball (or at least I don't think there is) that was comparable to WAR in baseball. Craft's would theoretically be through the roof, and it might show a little more statistical evidence of how much he means to the team that how many points he scores.