Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

MacG91's picture

Evan Turner has to be the happiest person in the NBA right now. He fits in perfect there.

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
Bolt's picture

Great news for ET. He's been getting better each and every year and he gets to get away from that dumpster fire in Philly. This is a great situation for him. He'll be able to fit in on a stable, strong, contending team with good leadership and team unity. Will be interesting to see how he and Lance Stephenson get along since they'll be directly competing for minutes and both are notoriously fiery personalities.

bigbadbuck's picture

I had him in my fantasy league. It's expected that Stephenson will get the lions share of the minutes and ET will be more of a defender unless of course LS gets hurt or needs a break.

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

skid21's picture

I think Evan will eventually be the man. He is a player who gets better as time goes on and I have no doubt he will eventually be the man at his position. Great move for him.

bigbadbuck's picture

Then he better start hitting his shot .Over the last 30 days he's been hitting a little less than 39 percent and his ppg avg has fallen 4 pts. He'll have to prove it over the last 25 games or so

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

Bolt's picture

ET is a really up and down player. He has a couple monster games then falls off for a couple weeks it seems like. Hopefully this environment and having a specific role and not being relied upon for everything will allow him to blossom and be more consistent. While ET is definitely improved, Lance Stephenson is also one of the most improved players in the league over the last season and a half. It'll be interesting to watch how it plays out.

toad1204's picture

The Philly fans have been riding him for years.  Glad he got a fresh start with a better team.  Throw it in their face ET. 

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

MacG91's picture

Yeah Philly is one of the hardest cities to be an athlete in, so much criticism.

Mac..yeah

bigbadbuck's picture

Or Santa Claus.............I remember watching Philly fan throw snowballs at St Nick