College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

CFP Contenders and how they make it

-2 HS
bwherbert's picture
November 28, 2016 at 1:02pm

The way I see it, the following teams are still in contention:

Alabama - I believe they are in no matter what, even with a loss in SECCG (unless UF absolutely dominates, which won't happen)

Ohio State - OSU has a chance no matter what, but a Wisconsin victory over PSU in the title game will cement their bid. A Clemson loss to VaTech would also guarantee OSU gets in.

Clemson - Win the ACCCG and they are in. Lose and they're out. Simple.

Washington - I think Washington needs a convincing win against Colorado, and they're in. Wouldn't hurt to have a Clemson loss, but that's unlikely. I just don't see the committee turning down a 1 loss Pac-12 champ with a recent victory over a Top 10 opponent. 

Michigan - Need some chaos for this, but it's possible. If both Clemson and Washington lose, and Wisconsin wins the BTCG, I believe they are in along with Ohio State. THE GAME was very evenly matched, and TTUN has H2H victories over Colorado and Wisky.

Colorado - I really don't see this happening. The Buffs would have to absolutely destroy Washington and Clemson would have to lose in order for them to justify putting them in over Ohio State or the winner of the BTCG.

[mod edit - closing. Insert playoff speculation here: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2016/11/77371/oh... ]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.