College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Bianchi: At It Again

0 HS
LealmanBuckeye's picture
December 9, 2014 at 8:56am
54 Comments

I read a Bianchi column this morning (yes, I'll perform the standard ritual cleansing later) where he was whining about poor FSU being forced to travel all the way to Pasadena for their playoff game "that will essentially be a home game for the high-powered No. 2 Oregon Ducks". Putting aside that particular hypocrisy, he can't resist the urge to take shots at Urban Meyer, and by extension, Ohio State.

Two quotes stand out:

And in the other semifinal, we'll have arguably the two best coaches in college football - Alabama's Nick Saban and Ohio State's Urban Meyer - trying to outwit and out-arrogant one another.

So basically, Bianchi being Bianchi. But this next one borders on something from the Tinfoil Hat Society:

... the committee knew it couldn't justify leaving out FSU in favor of Ohio State from the influential and powerful Big Ten, but it could justify leaving out little TCU.

So in other words, the committee has been against Florida State for some time, and since they couldn't reasonably justify leaving out an undefeated defending national champion from a Power 5 conference, they decided to make it hard on them and their fans by moving them up in the rankings and forcing them to go to the Rose Bowl instead of the more fanbase travel-friendly Sugar Bowl. Furthermore, Ohio State is only in the playoff because of the political sway of the Big Ten, because they certainly couldn't have earned it on the field.

I didn't bother to link the column because I don't want to give Bianchi the clicks. I wonder what his column will say when we win it all.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments