College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Mgo on Dave Brandon

Matt Gutridge's picture
November 1, 2014 at 9:17am
26 Comments
Off with his head

The Ultimate Wolverine Slayer has resigned as AD of That Team. Seems appropriate he quit on Halloween. He has been all trick for That Team and a huge treat for Ohio State.

Below are the best gems from the hundreds of posts on mgoblog:

SOME ARE SPECULATING WHERE BRANDON WILL GO NEXT

M-Dog:

Maybe Arizona will take him if we take their AD.  He might do very well out there despite difficulties here.

Too soon?

THE "WAS HE FIRED?" CROWD

Mgolund:

Brandon was canned

Read the "Settlement Agreement". The title of the documents, all of its terms (esp. release of claims), confidentiality provisions, etc. all strongly indicate that Mr. Brandon was relieved of his duties. 

Seems about right

MayOhioEatTurds:

Exactly this. 

The tradeoff was, "Look, we're moving on, Dave." 

"I'll go quietly if you call it a 'resignation,' yet pay my full severance in spite of my termination."

"You've got yourself a deal!  Just sign on the dotted line, Dave." 

iawolve:

What are we? Some sort of pizza joint? The guy needs a "company car" to go with his $3M payout? I honestly hope we threw that in as a way to give something bigger up, seems odd.

SpyinColumbus:

Per Twitter reports Looks like Brandon gets $3M to go away

Not a bad settlement for resigning.

Fire Brandon

slappy09:

given that this was his full buyout

it solidifies that this was not a resignation.  Way to go President S for making a move!

BayWolves:

Brandon resigned

Yeah right. Dude was definitely forced out and told he can do it the easy way or the hard way. Congrats students and alumni on a great effort. No one "quit" except Brandon.

Jason80:

I quit but I still want my money...interesting "resignation".

I take a nap a wake to find Santa had brought me a Christmas present.

THEIR FEELINGS

Mike60586:

On to the next chapter...

Terminus

Tater:

Excellent

David Brandon finally fired the right person.  It is a great day for the University of Michigan.  Let the healing begin.

BIGBLUEWORLD:

Hooray!

Just fricken hooray!

slappy09:

Cancer removed, support this team on homecoming!  be loud be proud, today was the best win of the season!

THOUGHTS ON THEIR NEXT COACH

Ferentz on their sidelines? Yes, please.

Dave_Brandon:

I certainly endorse Kirk Ferentz as the next UM coach. They need that WOW factor.

Wendyk5:

As I was perusing this thread, my phone rang. It was a 415 area code - San Francisco. For a delusional second, I thought it was Jim Harbaugh calling, saying he was ready to come home. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments