College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Week #9 B1G predictions

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
October 19, 2014 at 3:42pm
8 Comments

Rutgers (5-2) @ Nebraska (6-1)-  not enough time for Rutgers to recoup, travel to Lincoln and have success against Nebraska run game and Nebraska defense.  Nebraska wins it, may run for 300+ yards! to the tune of 34-14.

Minnesota (6-1) @ Illinois (3-4)- score may be relatively close, but Minnesota wins the close games and Illinois losses them.  Gophers aren't really explosive and Illinois is playing a home game in late October (when weather may make it sloppy).  Gophers 24-17.

Maryland (5-2) @ Wisconsin (4-2)- Maryland passing attack vs Wisconsin rushing attack.  Late October game in Madison, and I can't decide.  Wisconsin has the worst QB situation in the Big 10 (even worse than Indiana, Michigan or Illinois).  I don't know if Maryland can stop Melvin Gordon, or if Wisconsin can keep up with Stefon Diggs.   Picking Wisconsin at home 20-17.

Michigan (3-4) @ Michigan State (6-1)- I have picked Michigan to win every week.  Can the Wolverines make this a close rivalry game, on the road?  I see now way possible for Michigan to win, unless Devin Garner plays out of his mind.  Sparty wins 30-14.

Ohio State (5-1) @ Penn State (4-2)-  Home field advantage......worth about 3 points.  That said, Buckeyes should handle business.  OSU 37-16.

in other games across college football pitting Top 25 teams against each other:

Ole Miss @ LSU- the reason LSU is back in the polls...... So the SEC can have yet another matchup of Top25 teams.  I keep waiting for Bo Wallace to come down to Earth.  LSU won't be able to score enough points to realize an upset- Ole Miss wins.

Southern Cal @ Utah- picking the Utes, as long as the QB can stay healthy.

Upset of the week:

West Virginia loses @ Oklahoma State.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments