College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

osu07asu10's picture

Like vs. Have...

small, but important difference

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

I'd say it's a big ass difference, actually!

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+1 HS
GoBucks713's picture
+5 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Sometimes a bowler just has to face the music.

+1 HS
BuckeyeSouth's picture

He just gave every school that's competing with WVU for recruits the ammo to help them win the battle.  Probably not the smartest thing he's ever done.

Embrace it.

Tater_Schroeder's picture
Lies

How Firm Thy Friendship

+5 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

So you have to lie to a kid to get them to come to West Virginia?

Seems like Dana's admitting to something I think most of us already knew.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Much ado about nothing. This is not a shocking admission by any stretch - what is James Franklin selling kids to get them to come to Penn State? Or Stoops to Kentucky? Or whomever is at Tennessee now, etc. etc.

Look at our own coach - and the word "liar" is one I would never use to describe Urban Meyer - but what do you make of his "no red shirts" philosophy and the overwhelming number of red shirts last season? Is that not a good part of the reason (one has to speculate) that Mile Mitchell went back to Texas?

Holgerson either had the big brass ones to call it straight, or the complete lack of PR savvy to know to keep his trap shut.

-1 HS
Sloopy_HangOn's picture

I agree with your overall point about it being a non-issue, but I  feel like there was already an obvious reason Mike Mitchell went back to Texas.

AndyVance's picture

Re: Mitchell, I don't want to at all discount his stated reasons - his Dad's health. My Dad is my best friend without a doubt, so if something was wrong with him, I'd want to be as close at hand as I could reasonably be... but I have a hard time thinking that if he had been starting last year, or seeing serious reps, that he would walk away to still be a solid day's drive from home (Texas is a big state, right?).

BUCK-I-FAN's picture

I thought this was interesting for him to say.

"They spend a lot of time with the recruits, and I encourage them to tell the truth about what we give them and how we treat them." What we give them ? hmmm 

northcampus's picture

The first time I saw him on TV, I thought it was Jimmy Buffet coaching WVU.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS