College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

What a strange day for Notre Dame yesterday was

sharks's picture
July 3, 2014 at 9:56am
31 Comments

1. They get neither Hilliard nor Cornell

2. They get 4* WR Miles Boykin later on

3. 2014 3* LB commit Nile Sykes from Montini Catholic HS (Dylan Thompson's teammate) decides soon after arriving on campus that he no longer wants to play for the Irish and instead will probably transfer. 

As a result of all Wednesday's goings-on, coach Brian Kelly turned purple, then was happy, then turned purple again.

***Edit - shit, having all sorts of formatting issues with my Galaxy Tab.  Guess I (and ND fans) will just have to

Seattle Linga's picture

Oh it's great to be a Buckeye - thanks for the reminder Sharks

+3 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I really don't like Brian Kelly but it sure is fun to watch him get pissed.

+1 HS
gumtape's picture

This is one thing that OSU, Sparty, and the skunk weasels can agree on,

Coach Kelly looks like he is about to have a stroke whenever something bad happens.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+12 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I call him the purple onion.

+2 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

Wahahaha, that is so funny.

Fatpants's picture

Strange, but not not nearly as strange as having your star defender in love with a dead girl that is in reality a dude.

+14 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture
How bizarre, how bizarre, how bizarre.

+8 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

I wish nothing but bad things on Notre Dame, which is weird, considering their football team hasn't beat Ohio State since, like, the 1930s or w/e.

They're probably my least favorite team in college football. It's the only time of the year I "cheer" for Michigan.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

JDunc686's picture

I'm going to pretend like that second sentence does not exist

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Not seeing what you're speaking of...

I don't see it.

Hate Week runneth over

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I'm seconding DJ. I grew up around the Dayton area and was exposed to more Domers  than Scum fans so my hatred was formed during early childhood. When they play I still root for a meteor but since that's usually a long shot I cheer for Notre Dame losing.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I'm team asteroid.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

I'm team asteroid hemorrhoid.

kmp10's picture

It's the only time of the year I "cheer" for Michigan.

First of all, lets not use that word, please. Second, I'll never understand how any Ohio State Buckeye can "cheer" for TTUN… EVER.

+4 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

First of all, lets not use that word, please.

I agree, let's not say Mich... ah, you almost got me!

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

kgratz's picture

cheer is in quotations so I'm assuming '"cheer" for michigan' is the equivalent to hoping ND loses more than Michigan

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

Using that word will likely get you put in the penalty box DJ.

SilverBullet-98's picture

There is nothing I love more than sticking it to the Domers!!!

The most arrogant fan base and school in the country!!!  Sometimes I think Penn State and Michigan took snob lessons from them.

"The Past Builds the Future"

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Arrogance runs wild in So. Cal as well.

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

Yes, to a point.  But they certainly pipe down when they are not winning.  SC fans are the worst when they are doing well (Carrol era) but have since gone back into hiding.
I will argue that ND fans are still worse, even when their team is irrelevant.

MN Buckeye's picture

The fan bases of PSU, UM, and ND are the worst. Sure glad I am not that way!

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

I'm fairly certain I hate Florida more than any other school.  Period.  End of story.

+1 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Brother,you are not the only one!!When OSU got destroyed by UF in the 07 championship game.Iwas living in FL.Being from OH and a die hard fan,it was awful. Needless to say it made it worse that we lost to them in football and basketball!!

SECHATER77

703Buckeye's picture

Just tell ND fans that BC has better Catholics and watch what happens. You'll want to give it a try, trust me. 

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+3 HS
Habu71's picture

Schools I despise, and when I will root for them not root against them.

*ichigan - "yes Hitler, it's snowcone day here in hell and you can have as many as you like"

ND - When they play against *ichigan

toad1204's picture

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Least favorite teams:  Michigan, scUM, ttun, the wolverines, and Brady Choke's team.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

They hurt themselves not playing the BIG. As a recruit playing MSU and MU has appeal.

buckeyedude's picture

Notre Dame vs. TTUN? That's not a hard choice. There are prolly 20 TTUN fans in my hometown for every ND fan. ND fans can be just as obnoxious as TTUN fans though, but there are so many more TTUN fans.

My hatred of the Crapperines is limitless. I can't help it.  I hate ND much, much less.

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

So Bizarre.  Suck it ND.