College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

PEARL - New Coach at Auburn

TMac's picture
March 18, 2014 at 11:51am
10 Comments

His Show Cause Penalty expires in August.  Great Hire for Auburn, and a great 1-2 punch with Malzhan. 

Source

osunut2's picture

Sports radio in Knoxville is absolutely priceless right now. The fans down here collectively sound like they are ready to jump off of a bridge.

"Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god-d*mned civilization." 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The blind will be leading the blind

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I'm off to VolNation to enjoy their complaining. I wonder if they'll blame Craft for this. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Maybe they'll blame Fickell too? I wonder if Fire Fickell threads have evolved to other blog sites...

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I'm pretty sure most teams want Ohio State to keep Fickell. lol

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

tennbuckeye19's picture

The interesting part of this is that his show-cause isn't officially up till August, which probably isn't going to be an issue. But I believe he's the only head coach with a show-cause who has been hired during/after it.

Auburn is not a good job for a basketball coach, though. He could've waited longer and probably gotten a better gig. They really don't have much basketball history outside of Charles Barkley, Chuck and Wesley Person and some good teams in the 80's. They've only been to the NCAA tourney 8 times in their history. So good luck Bruce. Hope you throw some really great BBQ's at Auburn.

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

I'm not sure who the host was, but driving through Minneapolis tonight I paused on the local CBS Sports radio affiliate, and the guy (the CBS Radio personality) was raving about how this was a sensational hire for Auburn, that Pearl would have them at 20+ wins every season within the first three years, and that this hire would put the basketball program on par with the football program for Auburn. I thought to myself, well no one will accuse that fellow of being a pessimist... Nor a realist, I suppose.

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Urban's fault.

(& Thad, & Craft)

Seattle Linga's picture

Remember this ?

Tyler Durden's picture

Does that mean he has another mediocre son who needs a full ride somewhere...