College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Yet another example of the joke that is the NCAA

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture
February 19, 2014 at 6:51pm
11 Comments
BuckGnome's picture

It's dumb shit like this that will be the undoing of the NCAA's current model of "amateurism"

OSU069's picture

I imagine the NCAA conversation going like this

Mark Emmert: so what is this about players eating too much pasta? That's horrible. What an awful sin to commit!!!

Assistant: Apparently they ate $3.83 worth too much

Mark Emmert: What!???! Outrageous. Was it Rigatonni or Penne? Please don't tell me it was penne....

Assistant: I'm afraid so

Mark Emmert: This is unbelievable. We must suspend them for at least two seasons!!!

Assostant: But sir, don't you think that's a little extreme? 

Ten minutes of discussion

Mark Emmert: fine. But they must pay it back to charity.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Uh oh Spaghettios!

This is so stupid that all I can do is laugh.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

When the NCAA pulls crap like this, it makes me even more furious at the stuff that they let slide from their favorite institutions.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

4thandinches's picture

Punish the small infractions so people think you are laying the the hammer down on large violations. 

I wasn't born a Buckeye but I became one as fast as I could. 

TCOB_6's picture

"They said who ate too much pasta"

+1 HS
harleymanjax's picture

it's a slippery slope my friends, it starts innocently with a little extra pasta, before you know it they are getting an extra meatball! We can't allow such immoral activity to tarnish the game!

"Because I couldn't go for 3"

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

Next thing you know there's money missing off the dresser and your daughters knocked up.  If I've seen it once I've seen it a hundred times.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

There must have been an extra schmear of cream cheese on that pasta.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Seattle Linga's picture

Maybe this should be a question they ask all the recruits before they commit. 

What a joke

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Maybe the OU compliance staff is just trolling the NCAA ..... would be hilarious if true

+2 HS